Re: #etmooc - Continued Planning

Laura Hilliger

Dec 18, 2012, 9:08:33 AM12/18/12
to etm...@googlegroups.com
I read this after posting in the G+ group…I opened the badge discussion there (under general planning), and yes, we can get help on badges if we need it!

I've started adding things to a couple of the documents. Would love to find out who else wants to collaborate on the Open Movement topic and Digital Literacy - we could form a sub working group in the G+ community...

--laura

On Dec 17, 2012, at 10:25 PM, Alec Couros <cou...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I just wanted to share the progress on #etmooc and also ask to see if there are a few of you that could commit to help plan &/or organize some portions of the course, I'll try my best to make this as easy as possible.

First, if you haven't looked, our current schedule can be found here: http://etmooc.org/topics-schedule . I've left the topics somewhat vague, and I think there a number of subtopics that we can fit under these broad(ish) topics. If you are interested in one or more of the topics, and think you have some time free during that block, it'd be great if you could help out.

Second, I have created a planning document for each one of these topics (including the welcome week). These can be found in this shared Google Docs Folder. https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B9N9E-8eecBAcV9hcHU0azBRMjg/edit . Let me know if I have set the permissions correctly. You should be able to see the contents of the folder and edit the documents. Files should be clearly named, so you'll know what to do. If you want to be one of the key facilitators for a particular topic, do add your name to the corresponding document. I think we have room for many for each topic - I just want to make sure that we are adequately covered. Also, if we suggest other names, we'll need to contact people asap to invite them.

Third, I could use extra help on figuring out what to do over the introduction week. Anyone have ideas? I'd really like to get it off to a great start! We now have 131 registrants. Maybe let's discuss in the Google + space.

Fourth, I'd also love to talk badges at some point - I'm not entirely convinced we need them, but it'd be nice to experiment especially in a course of this nature. Since I'd like to see that we nurture many community-led/generated sessions, it might be nice to recognize (via badges or otherwise), those that become real community leaders (e.g., session facilitators, commenters, creators, etc.) I'll create a topic in Google Plus re: badges in case people are interested. Perhaps our Mozilla-affiliated friends can helps us out.

Fifth ... thanks so much, everyone, really. This is going to be really great but there's lot of work ahead.

Take care of yourselves over the holidays ahead of us.

Bye for now.
Alec