Re: Problem with etherpad-lite embedded in iframe

John McLear

Oct 29, 2012, 11:32:09 AM10/29/12
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
Try use the latest develop branch, we fixed this afaik

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Mike Smith <neuro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I have been playing around with Etherpad-lite on Windows, but have run into a problem with it not working in Firefox when the pad is embedded in an iframe.

What happens is that if I try to type something into the pad on Firefox it doesn't send anything to the server. I can however update my user name and use the chat window. Also, if I am connected with both Firefox and Chrome and I type something into the pad on Chrome, I get the following error message:

[2012-10-27 10:55:48.388] [ERROR] console - CLIENT SIDE JAVASCRIPT ERROR: {"erro
rId":"VUbcxy49V9L4rDJW5Cx8","msg":"Script error.","url":"http://localhost:9001/j
avascripts/lib/ep_etherpad-lite/static/js/pad.js?callback=require.define","linen
umber":0,"userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/2010010
1 Firefox/14.0.1"}

It works fine in the lastest versions of Chrome and IE. I have tried Firefox 14.0.1, 15.0.1, 16.0.3 and all have the same problem. I tried the latest release of Etherpad-lite as well as building the latest from the master and develop branches with no success.

Has anyone else seen this problem, or have any ideas? Here is the HTML I am using to load the page:

<head>
    <title>Etherpad iFrame</title>
</head>
    <iframe src="http://localhost:9001/p/test" style="width: 600px; height: 400px; border: 1px solid gray;"></iframe>

thanks,
Mike

John McLear

Oct 29, 2012, 11:32:41 AM10/29/12
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
Note that the windows package tracks master so you will have to install via git and build using the build script in bin\

John McLear

Oct 29, 2012, 9:36:21 PM10/29/12
to etherpad-open-...@googlegroups.com
my pleasure.

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Mike Smith <neuro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks John! I'm sure I tried the develop branch over the weekend without success, but it's working great now so I must have screwed something up. :)