Bitcoin donation address

cpoliti...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2017, 4:38:24 PM10/28/17
to Etherpad Developers

Hi, I'm working with the Devcoin project. I wrote to you because I was looking at http://etherpad.org/#links page and I see that your bitcoin donations are managed by a third party service like Coinbase.

The Devcoin project sends donations to several open source software (look here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Donation-accepting_organizations_and_projects#Open_source) and they have you listed in there, and they decided they want to fund more those OS Projects (please look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg22703497#msg22703497), but some people argue in the bitcointalk forums (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg22846637#msg22846637) that said addresses doesn't belong to those projects, and it's preferable for us that said addresses would be managed by someone inside the project team and not by services like the one is managing your funds.

Could you please direct me to an additional bitcoin address managed by the people in charge of your project? If you don't happen to have one, it would be possible for you or someone in there to set up a separate wallet?

I appreciate for your time reading this and thank you very much in advance for all your help!

John McLear

Oct 30, 2017, 10:43:31 AM10/30/17
to Etherpad Developers
No.