Wait in onView till the list is displayed

Nagashree H S

May 18, 2015, 6:11:33 AM5/18/15
to espresso-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

Am facing the problem from quite a long time for Searching an Item,after typing the characters, I want to wait till the list is displayed which takes between 3-5 seconds.

onView(withId(R.id.some_id)).perform(click());

Then I type "xyz"

onView(withId(R.id.some_textField)).perform(typeText("xyz"));

Then I have to wait for an approximate time as it is an performance testing I cannot give a fixed wait or sleep time.

I tried using Idling resources which didn't help in any term.

 Is there any alternative for me to wait only till the list is displayed.

Waiting for quick and positive replies.

Regards,
Nagashree H S