Migrating production API from grape to espresso

Gerhard Lazu

Mar 12, 2013, 9:39:56 PM3/12/13
to espresso-...@googlegroups.com
I have a production grape micro service which I've started porting to espresso. First impressions are really good, you've put a lot of thought in the design. Espresso reminds me of early Sinatra days - good times!

Will keep this thread updated with progress as I feel others will benefit from it. I'll start with my Gemfile:

ruby "1.9.3"

gem 'e', '~> 0.4.2' # scalable web framework aimed at speed and simplicity
gem 'oj', '~> 2.0.10' # fast JSON parser and Object marshaller
gem 'unicorn', '~> 4.6.2' # rack HTTP server for fast, low-latency clients

group :development do
  gem 'shotgun', '~> 0.9' # reloading rack development server / forking version of rackup
end

Congrats for a rather well polished pre-1.0 version ; ).

Silviu Rusu

Mar 13, 2013, 12:20:21 AM3/13/13
to espresso-...@googlegroups.com

Gerhard, welcome on board and thanks for sharing your experience!