What keeps you injury free

Heather

Jun 24, 2015, 2:32:30 PM6/24/15
to erie-run...@googlegroups.com
Runners (for a blog post on Runner's Notes): What measures do you swear by to avoid injury? I'm big on Pilates/yoga/strength training class a few times a week (strong core…it’s very important for runners) and regular chiropractic care (keeping all those bones in line).  What do you think keeps you running? Replacing shoes every few miles, sports massage, ice baths, sacrifices (just kidding).

Not looking for names, companies or product endorsements...just general info.

~ Heather C.

dal...@hotmail.com

Jun 24, 2015, 4:32:13 PM6/24/15
to erie-run...@googlegroups.com
I am no good at this!

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 11:32:30 -0700
From: zipd...@gmail.com
To: erie-run...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Erie Runners Club] What keeps you injury free

Runners (for a blog post on Runner's Notes): What measures do you swear by to avoid injury? I'm big on Pilates/yoga/strength training class a few times a week (strong core…it’s very important for runners) and regular chiropractic care (keeping all those bones in line).  What do you think keeps you running? Replacing shoes every few miles, sports massage, ice baths, sacrifices (just kidding).

Not looking for names, companies or product endorsements...just general info.

~ Heather C.

Leo Fohl

Jun 24, 2015, 5:14:40 PM6/24/15
to erie-run...@googlegroups.com

I can't answer without giving a company name.....  If anyone is interested in the company name send me an email......

Leo

Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 2:32 PM
From: Heather <zipd...@gmail.com>

To: erie-run...@googlegroups.com

armourb1

Jun 24, 2015, 9:06:56 PM6/24/15
to erie-run...@googlegroups.com
Having had some minor injuries and soreness in the last year, strength training at the gym has helped hip and abductors immensely.  However I might not want to, admitting that I am getting older requires I work out smarter.  Diet and nutrition also play a role in how well I feel during a run.

Thanks!
Happy Running everyone!

Sent from my iPad

Mike Lawrence

Jun 25, 2015, 8:30:23 PM6/25/15
to erie-run...@googlegroups.com

Hi Heather,
Late 2012 to early 2014 were rough years for me.  I had inexplicable chronic  inflammation from my hips to my ankles.  Core muscles,  hip flexors and rotators, IT band, shins and glutes.  My formula for recovery was a substantial reduction in running mileage, more barefoot running than shod, physical therapy (Active Release Therapy), strength training-specifically stability exercises, chiropractic therapy, cross training, yoga, swimming and biking.  To stay injury free I've put much more emphasis on properly warming up with active stretching, paying closer attention to my body, cool downs, post run static stretching and the pièces de résistance...The foam roller!