International Barefoot Running Day

bfRunner

Apr 27, 2015, 2:29:20 PM4/27/15
to erie-run...@googlegroups.com
Next Sunday, May 3rd, marks the fifth annual International Barefoot Running Day!

To mark the occasion, I'll be doing a 3-mile run at Presque Isle, starting near the Runner's Club Pavilion at Beach One at 9:00 AM.

Anyone interested in joining me just needs to show up! Run barefoot or in minimalist shoes, or just come to find out more about barefoot running! People all over the world will be joining in to celebrate - last year there were dozens of organized events with almost 1,000 people participating.

So come and lose the shoes and join the fun!

Tom Madura (Barefoot runner for fifteen years!)

2015 International Barefoot Running Day™ (IBRD™)

The Barefoot Runners Society (BRS) is proud to announce the 5th annual International Barefoot Running Day™ (IBRD™) on Sunday, May 3, 2015.

After our previous successes, we hope to increase our turnout again this year. IBRD is a grassroots, inclusive effort to promote barefoot running as a healthy and viable way to run. It’s also about having fun and delighting in the idea of running barefoot with thousands of people worldwide on the same day.

Click the IBRD Forum to check out past IBRD event reports and pictures.

IBRD™ 2015

  • WHEN: Sunday, May 3, 2015
  • WHERE: Everywhere, Worldwide
  • HOW FAR: Fun runs of 1km and 5km; some locations may have other distances as well
  • WHY:
    • To bring awareness to barefoot and minimalist running
    • To show support for this sport we love
    • To have loads of fun in an worldwide moment of barefoot solidarity