EQNews from Mike Winfrey and Sandy Smith - April 2, 2012

Mike Winfrey

Apr 2, 2012, 7:46:30 AM4/2/12
to eqn...@googlegroups.com

EQNews from Mike Winfrey and Sandy Smith - April 2, 2012
This email Newsletter is sent weekly to over 800 subscribers
in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, and Kansas.
Information included in previous issues of EQNews is available at

https://sites.google.com/site/theeqnews/.
Subscribe by going to this link
Apply for group membership.

Thank you for subscribing to EQNews. Donation is not required for participation. However, we do ask that you donate an appropriate amount based on the value you receive. You may make a one time donation, each time you buy or sell something, or on a periodic basis. Donation is made through PayPal using a credit card but an account with PayPal is not required.
Thank you for your consideration.

Remember - Call Before you Haul!

EQNews is not responsible for the accuracy of the content of this newsletter. So, please check with the contact person before you make any plans to attend an event. You may save yourself an unnecessary trip.

------------------------------- Note from the Editors----------------------------------------

------------------------------- News---------------------------------------------------------------------

Websites of interest.

Reillys Ranch Horse Rescue and Rehab, http://www.reillysranch.com
Stay current with Animal health issues via
http://www.tahc.state.tx.us/
Open Arms Therapy (OAT) - Dalhart (TX) equine therapy for the disabled
http://openarmstherapy.org/
Bluebonnet Equine Humane Society
www.bluebonnetequine.org
Panhandle Safe Hayven Equine Rescue Terri Gammage 806-681-5161
www.panhandlehorserescue.org frost...@hotmail.com

------------------------------- Events --------------------------------------------------------

Complete the form at this link to get your event listed
or
Contact Sandy Smith at
engc...@arn.net if you need assistance with your listing.
What - Dressage Ride a Test
When - sometime this summer
Where - Marlowe Stables - 15 miled SW of Amarillo
Contact - Ann Marlowe/Karen Richardson 679.3761 or 499.3463  akma...@hotmail.com
Description - Ride a test, discuss your ride with the judge then ride the same test again to see if you get a better score.   No pressure - bring your friends a chair and some lunch.  We will need at least 10 riders to make it work so give me a call.  Ride as many tests as you want to - I'll have copies available if you need them.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What - Open Horse Show
When - 3/31/2012
Where - WT Arena - Canyon, TX
Contact -
COT...@aol.com
Description -
What - Poker Run Trail Ride
When - 4/14/2012
Where - LBJ Grasslands
Contact - Misty Valdez 575-219-2252
Description - Forestburg FFA 2nd Annual Poker Run Trail Ride
April 14 2012
Registration Begins 7:30
1st Group out 9:00
$20.00 for ride includes lunch
Lots of Prizes, Auction, Raffles, vendors so you can shop after riding
What - 2012 4-H Horse Show
When - 4/21/2012
Where - Will Rogers Range Riders Arena
Contact - Clint Lewis, 806-570-1001
Description - Swisher County 4-H Club horse show, starts at 9am, no jumping.  For up to date Big 5 horse show information go to the web site:
www.big5horseshow.com
What - BENEFIT TRAIL RIDE
When - 4/21/2012
Where - BOY'S RANCH, TX
Contact - Terri Gammage 806-681-5161
frost...@hotmail.com www.panhandlehorserescue.org
Description - We invite all horse lovers to come out and help us raise the funds to continue helping the horses. We will ride out at 9:30, and lunch is provided. We will have a silent auction, and several raffle items. This ride will help raise the money needed to secure our winter's supply of hay for NEXT winter. We will be needing about 500 bales of grass hay. We ask a MINIMUM donation of $30.00 for riders, and $10.00 for non-riders that come out to join us for lunch. If you can't join us, please consider making a Tax Deductible donation to the Rescue to help the horses!
What - Trail Ride
When - May 11, 12, and 13, 2012
Where - Medicine Lodge, Kansas
Contact -
www.gypsumhillstrailrides.com
Description -
What - Trail Ride
When - May 19-20 2012
Where - Honey/ Honey Grove Texas
Contact - LInda Deas
boc...@cumbytel.com
Description - We will ride at Caddo Grasslands, near Bonham and Honey Grove on May 19 & 20. Sand, bring lunch for Sat. pot luck and auction Sat night.
Contact Linda Deas/ President/ office 903-582-2266
What - District 1, 4-H Horse Show
When - June 22, 23, 2012
Where - WTAMU Horse Center
Contact - Linda Bice, 806-677-5600
Description - District 4-H Horse Show, necessary to attend if you plan to go to the Texas State 4-H Horse Show.  Check the District 1 website for up to date information:
http://d14-h.tamu.edu/events/horse-show/.  Horses must be validated on 4-H Connect before you can sign up!  Check with your County Agent for more information.

------------------------------- Classifieds -----------------------------------------------------------
Click here and complete the form for your FREE advertisement
or
Contact Sandy Smith at
engc...@arn.net if you need assistance with your listing.
What - 2005 AQHA Mare
Contact - Jud Hicks, 806-676-0460, judn...@yahoo.com
Description - Sister is a 2005 dapple grey AQHA mare with a great handle on her. Sharp looking and sound, she is very disciplined and easy to handle. She does require an intermediate to advanced rider as she does get up and move when asked. We've used her for Ranch Sorting, but have tracked cows and taken her trail riding. She's an easy keeper and very respectfull. See her video on YouTube http://youtu.be/8PsHA1-WcLQ. Asking $4,000.00.  See Pictures attached.
What - Oat hay small squares
Contact - Bob McPherson, 806-886-7500, macg...@hotmail.com, bmcquarterhorses.com
Description - Have 60 acres of oats that will be ready to bale around the 1st week of May.  I have put 60 units of nitrogen on and will put another 60 units on in the next week.  I am taking orders for  this hay.  I can put your name and number on my list and call before we swath and bale.  I will load your flatbed trailer in my field for $8 per bale.  Call Bob McPherson at 806-886-7500
What - Custom Horse Tail Bags
Contact - Sherry Vohs, 806-22-4779, Tailbagsby...@live.com, Tailbagsbyhappytails.com
Description - Custom Horse Tail Bags, Solid, Print and Bling Tail bags availble. Custom made tailbags made upon request.  A generous number of hand applied genuine Swarovski® Crystals are applied to our blinged tail bags! Approximately 27" in length. Velcro closure is 2" W x 6" L. Machine Wash & Dry. Happy Tails Guaranteed!  Tail bags promote tail growth while protecting your horse's tail.Please feel free to visit my web site @ Tailbagsbyhappytails.com
What - barrel horses
Contact - www.wewillride.net
Description - barrel horses for sale www.wewillride.net
What - AQHA Chocolate Asset
Contact - S Timberlake,
806-670-6076tim...@yahoo.com
Description - Wonderful, well trained show mare, 2000 model, pedigree on all breed pedigree, videos on You Tube under sltimberlake, up to date on shots, worming, coggins.  Ready for the show season.
See picture attached.
What - AQHA Ride My Coat Tails
Contact - S Timberlake,
806-670-6076tim...@yahoo.com
Description - Great natured 7 yr old gelding with loads of potential.  UTD on all shots, worming and coggins.  Ready for a rider to take him and train him.
See picture attached.
What - 15" RANCH / ROPING SADDLE
Contact - Mimi Sidwell 575-403-6904
sid...@plateautel.net
Description - 15" RANCH / ROPING SADDLE
I am selling my custom made saddle made for me by Joe Smith of Capitan, NM, anybody who knew him would know what a well-built stout saddle this is. It has a 15' seat, 7.5' gullet best as I can measure, and it is built on a Modified Association tree. It seems to fit just about any type horse - wide mutton withered to narrow high withered horses, I've had them all. This is a high quality saddle, in excellent shape, well cared for by yours truly. It is stout enough to rope big cattle on, though I have only drug calves to the fire on it. It's mostly been used for just trail riding. Contact me by phone 474-403-6904 or e-mail me at
sid...@plateautel.net for more pictures or info.  Pictures can be seen on Craigslist here: http://amarillo.craigslist.org/grd/2903630653.html
See picture attached.
What - Embroidery and Garment Printing
Contact - Accent Embroidery, 806-352-3600,
www.accent-embroidery.com
Description - We can do embroidery on your caps, saddle blankets, jackets, shirts, etc.  We also provided garment printing on any garment that is 100% cotton.
What - embroidery/screen printing
Contact - BOCHITA 903-582-2266
Description - BOCHITA has lots of caps in stock, embroidery and screen printing, jackets, caps, towels, etc.

------------------------------- Vendors--------------------------------------------------------

Complete the form at this link to get your Vendor listing.
or

Contact Sandy Smith at
engc...@arn.net if you need assistance with your listing.

What - Riding supplies and tack.
Where - Lubbock, TX
Contact - Blarney Stone Tack Shop
CALL: 806-794-5888
6612 114th Street
Lubbock, TX 79413
Description - Most everything you need for the English rider and horse is in stock.

1 - NEW Stuben Junior Laures Saddle.
Retail Price: $1200
Sale Price: $ 650
1 - NEW Stubben Junior Eidelweiss Saddle
Retail Price: $1200
Sale Price: $ 650
1 - NEW Courbette 15" Primus All-Purpose Saddle
$750.00
1 - Courbette Classic 17" Almost new, Great Condition.
$650.00 with Stubben stirrups and leathers.

We also have over 100 Painted Ponies in stock!

Blarney Stone Tack Shop
CALL: 806-794-5888
6612 114th Street
Lubbock, TX 79413
What - Saddles and Tack
Where - Oklahoma and Surrounding Areas
Contact -
www.mroyalsaddles.com
Description -
What - Horse Boarding at Lonesome Pine Equestrian Center
Where - 2101 Woodrow Road
Contact - Stephanie Hallgren, 806-863-4026,
Hall...@gmail.com, www.lonesomepineequestraincenter.com
Description - We have a great 13 acre facility with and indoor and outdoor arena! We provide full, partial, and self care boarding. We also rent out the arena(s) for almost any equine event you would like to put on! We are under NEW MANAGEMENT of Stephanie Hallgren and would love to have you join us! We will be running specials for the holiday season! Please feel free to call with any questions.
What - Horse Boarding
Where - Midland Texas
Contact - 432-692-0255
Description - Double Diamond Equestrian Center LLC
*Horse Boarding *Riding Lessons *Indoor and Outdoor Arenas *Two Round Pens
432-692-0255

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE:
www.doublediamondequestriancenter.com
What - Farrier Services
Where - Northern Texas
Contact - 806-576-8066
Description - Farrier services. Willing to travel, refrences available and I will show up when we set up so you don't sit around all day waiting for your farrier,reasonable pricing. Call 806-576-8066
What - Boarding
Where - High Horse Stables 9213 Ave T, Lubbock
Contact - Erica Emory, 806-474-6084, 806-777-0426,
Highhors...@gmail.com
Description - Full board care including turnout with round bales, feed twice daily and blanketing. We also feed your supplements as directed. Huge 15 X 15 stalls with pelleted bedding.
2 groomed & fully fenced riding arenas. Jumps and Cavellettis available for use. Round pen. Wash rack and indoor bathroom. Indoor locked tack rooms with storage. 2 cross tied tacking areas w/ heaters. Trailer parking & storage area.
We pamper your horses & live on site. Full board only. $375/mo. Call Erica, Andy or Johnny 806-474-6084; 777-0426 or 777-6879.

REMEMBER - CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL

WesternSaddle.jpg
PokerRunTrailRide.jpg
RideMyCoatTails.jpg