Eportfolio month: May webinars

Coach Carole

Apr 29, 2011, 2:17:29 AM4/29/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Here is the Media Release for our Eportfolio webinars during May. You are all invited to take part - come on over to EpCop during May - there's something for everyone. Registration details below. Further confirmations of presenters and reminders will be sent out prior to each webinar.

May is the month for…e-portfolios

E-portfolios are the focus of a number of interactive events during May, especially designed for vocational education and training (VET) practitioners.

The VET E-portfolios Community of Practice (EpCoP) is holding four Elluminate webinars, featuring Australian and international guest presenters:

·        2 May: Strategies for creating/maintaining local e-portfolio Communities of Practice (5.00pm AEST) with presentations from the Melbourne Moodle user group (MMUG), eWorks Mahara groups, JISC EpCoP and the Australian PebblePad user group (APpUP).

·        10 May: E-portfolios for the professions (10.30am AEST) with presentations from the teaching, nursing and dental hygiene industries.

·        17 May: E-portfolios for the trades (8.00am AEST) with presentations from the hairdressing and building & construction industries.

·        23 May: e-Gems session – Strategies for implementing e-portfolios in your organisation (10.30am-12.00 noon AEST) – online and face-to-face in Hobart.

All sessions will be facilitated by Carole McCulloch, aka Coach Carole, from EpCoP. For details  Take part in the EpCoP

and how to register https://sites.google.com/site/eportfoliocommunity/events-actions-2011/eportfolio-month-may-2011/registration-for-webinars

Regards

Coach Carole

Coach Carole

May 1, 2011, 6:32:11 PM5/1/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Webinar May 2 : Eportfolio Communities of Practice - discussion

G'day Eportfolio practitioners!

Thought I'd post a quick virtual intro to today's event on 'Strategies for Creating/Maintaining local E-portfolio Communities of Practice'. Feel free to introduce yourself here to other attendees or discuss good ideas before or after our session.

1. From your experience, what tools and strategies help to create communities of practice?

2. Based on this session, which tool(s) or strategies might you consider using to help engage and network with your communities of practice?

Today's session:

May 2 at 17:00 AEST Sydney time (12.00 am Los Angeles 1 May PST)

  • 17:00 Welcome & Introductions
  • 17:10 Presentation one Ken Gooding for eWorks VIC
  • 17:30 Presentation two Rodney Lofts for the Melbourne Moodle User Group
  • 17:50 Presentation three Allison Poot for PebblePad, TAS
  • 18:10 Presentation four Sarah Chesney UK project officer for a JISC funded project - the e-portfolio community of practice
  • 18:30 Wind up and thank yous
Come and join us here: http://tinyurl.com/29tyznz

Pauline Porcaro

May 2, 2011, 7:01:10 PM5/2/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carole I'm sorry I missed last night, will the Elluminate recording link be sent out? Kind regards Pauline

Pauline Porcaro

Senior Advisor TAFE Quality and Development, Academic Development Group

Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Business)
Building 108, Level 11, Room 36
235-251 Bourke Street,

Tel. +61 3 9925 1378
Fax: +61 3 9925 5625
Email: pauline...@rmit.edu.au
www.rmit.edu.au

>>> Coach Carole <coachca...@gmail.com> 2/05/2011 8:32 am >>>
*Webinar May 2 : Eportfolio Communities of Practice* - discussion

G'day Eportfolio practitioners!

Thought I'd post a quick virtual intro to today's event on 'Strategies for
Creating/Maintaining local E-portfolio Communities of Practice'. Feel free
to introduce yourself here to other attendees or discuss good ideas before
or after our session.

1. From your experience, what tools and strategies help to create
communities of practice?

2. Based on this session, which tool(s) or strategies might you consider
using to help engage and network with your communities of practice?

*Today's session:*

May 2 at 17:00 AEST Sydney time (12.00 am Los Angeles 1 May PST)

- 17:00 Welcome & Introductions
- 17:10 Presentation one Ken Gooding for eWorks VIC
- 17:30 Presentation two Rodney Lofts for the Melbourne Moodle User Group
- 17:50 Presentation three Allison Poot for PebblePad, TAS
- 18:10 Presentation four Sarah Chesney UK project officer for a JISC

funded project - the e-portfolio community of practice

- 18:30 Wind up and thank yous

Come and join us here: http://tinyurl.com/29tyznz

Coach Carole

May 2, 2011, 7:33:22 PM5/2/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pauline,

Glad you asked that question, I was just gathering up the link to the recording this morning, here it is:
https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2011-05-01.2357.M.E58F6EDFFA5FA3EDE727DCFB80FBD8.vcr&sid=2008350

A short summary on our first webinar will be posted shortly.

If you wish to have the recording links to any of the webinars sent to you directly by email please feel free to Register at:
https://sites.google.com/site/eportfoliocommunity/events-actions-2011/eportfolio-month-may-2011/registration-for-webinars

CC

Pauline Porcaro

May 2, 2011, 7:34:43 PM5/2/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Carole! cheers P

Pauline Porcaro

Senior Advisor TAFE Quality and Development, Academic Development Group

Office of the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Business)
Building 108, Level 11, Room 36
235-251 Bourke Street,

Tel. +61 3 9925 1378
Fax: +61 3 9925 5625
Email: pauline...@rmit.edu.au
www.rmit.edu.au

>>> Coach Carole <coachca...@gmail.com> 3/05/2011 9:33 am >>>
Hi Pauline,

CC

--

Message has been deleted

Coach Carole

May 7, 2011, 5:33:34 AM5/7/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com

Eportfolios for the Professions: May 10 Webinar

Welcome to the second webinar for the Eportfolio month of May – May 10 at 10.30 am Melbourne/Sydney time (AEST)  5.30 pm Los Angeles 9 May (PST). Please register here.

If you are interested in how eportfolio concepts are being embraced in the professions (like teaching, dental hygiene, nursing and midwifery) come along and join Pauline Wilson (AU), Una Daly, Phyllis Spragge, (USA) Bec James-Mobb (SA) and Sarah Stewart (NZ). http://tinyurl.com/29tyznz

Please send the word out to your networks or pass along an invite to your colleagues. We have a Facebook group too and of course you can see all the details of the webinar schedule at our google site.

Coach Carole

May 13, 2011, 12:23:32 AM5/13/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the third webinar in the May series - focussing on Eportfolio in the Trades.
  • 8:10 am  Presentation one Nayomie Baihn & Jennifer Cunningham, Hairdressing, Western Sydney Institute, TAFENSW;
  • 8:30 am Presentation two Simon Brown and team, Building & Construction, QLD
  • 8:50 am Presentation three – Maureen Dumas, James Griffin, &  Veera Gaul, Johnson and Wales University, Culinary Arts, Rhode Island, USA
  • 9:10 am Presentation four – Dr Ruth Cox, San Francisco State University, Public Health, USA
Come and join us or catch the recording later. Register here: http://ow.ly/4Ty7j Details here: http://ow.ly/4Ty8m Venue here: http://tinyurl.com/29tyznz

Coach Carole

May 16, 2011, 10:14:52 PM5/16/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Wow, what a fantastic session this was today: Eportfolios for the Trades.

A big thank you to our presenters and supporters.

The recording link for this event is: https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2011-05-16.1516.M.E58F6EDFFA5FA3EDE727DCFB80FBD8.vcr&sid=2008350

Coach Carole

May 20, 2011, 9:49:58 PM5/20/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com

May 23: Strategies for Implementing Eportfolios in your Organisation

Now moving right along, we have our fourth and final webinar for May featuring Allison Miller, our very own Business Manager for Eportfolios. Allison will provide a 1.5 hour workshop on Strategies for  Implementing Eportfolios in your Organisation live from Tasmania using our favourite Elluminate Live virtual space.

The EpCoP are sharing the moderation of this event with eGems and we have some interactive and collaborative treats for all paticipants. There will be opportunities to collaborate online in real time with other participants in Breakout Rooms in Elluminate. There will be opportunities to share with participants in the workshop at Tasmania our thoughts and ideas on implementing eportfolios. The e-Gems session will workshop the newly developed Key considerations for implementing an e-portfolio system (outlined in an E-portfolios blog post) based on the findings from the 2009 and 2010 E-portfolios implementation trials.
Participants will discuss the best way to implement these considerations for their organisation and clients.

I have attached the media release for this event for your records and invite you to join us on May 23 at 10.30 am Sydney time.
You may register here and/or join us here.
Media Release AFLF.pdf

Pauline Porcaro

May 22, 2011, 8:49:54 PM5/22/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carole there are 5 of us in the link but nothing is happens cheers P

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_f-uyNqDoatY/TdcZtgl4F7I/AAAAAAAAAGA/pPMs11IHd5g/epcop1-image-only%282%29.jpg>

blog pos <http://e-portfoliosblog.flexiblelearning.net.au/?p=97>t) based on
the findings from the 2009 and 2010 *E-portfolios implementation trials*.

Participants will discuss the best way to implement these considerations for
their organisation and clients.

I have attached the media release for this event for your records and invite
you to join us on May 23 at 10.30 am Sydney time.
You may register

<https://sites.google.com/site/eportfoliocommunity/events-actions-2011/eportfolio-month-may-2011/registration-for-webinars>here
and/or join <http://tinyurl.com/29tyznz>us here.

Coach Carole

May 23, 2011, 9:55:12 PM5/23/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Final Webinar - Strategies for Implementing Eportfolios in your Organisation.

Wow, what a great session to conclude our Eportfolio Month May webinars. Allison provided a multi faceted webinar featuring breakout rooms for the onliners and group discussions in Hobart , Tasmania, simultaneously.

Here's the link to this fabulous session:
https://sas.elluminate.com/p.jnlp?psid=2011-05-22.1656.M.7424C055D8B9AAD08FD25EA7553179.vcr&sid=675
(Note there are segments of silence in the main room whilst the groups meet in their breakout rooms to collaborate on the whiteboards)

Thanks to the  wonderful eGems team for supporting this webinar - thanks Jenny Smith, Jyothi Jayaram, in Canberra and  Frankie Forsyth in Tasmania.
And a big round of applause to Roger Stack in Hobart for putting this together.

Finally flowers and accolades for Allison Miller - what a smooth efacilitation of this innovative webinar.
(Note: Allison will be collating the collaborative responses from the audience in Hobart and I will collate the collaborative responses from the onliners on each of the four Key Considerations for Implementing Eportfolios: teachers/trainers, learners, workplace supervisors/managers, training organisation). See attachment for these key considerations -

But wait there's more - we have another webinar on June 24 to introduce you to the Eportfolio Implementation Trials project teams. Please put that date in your diary for a 12.30 pm AEST (Sydney time) start.
Key Considerations - synopsis slides.pdf

Coach Carole

May 23, 2011, 9:56:30 PM5/23/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pauline, thanks for your message, I apologise for the incorrect link in here. So glad you were able to locate the correct link and join us on the day.CC