Pebblepad feedback

Coach Carole

Mar 20, 2013, 4:53:36 PM3/20/13
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,
We have PebblePad users in this group and hopefully they will respond to you. You may also find it useful to join the Eportfolios Australia group at Facebook, where the discussions are more active.
Carole

Coach Carole

Mar 20, 2013, 8:47:24 PM3/20/13
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
A reply from Pauline Porcaro

HI Stephen, I've used PebblePad to design learning programs and support
programs for online learners. I think it's a fantastic tool and has a broad
range of uses! It is able to transport with the students after they finish
studying and can be held for life at a small annual cost to them (I think
it's about $90 for three years). I've used webfolios as a template for
their assignments and this means they would be able to access them when in
the workplace. The group I've used it for are online learners and they are
able to design tools etc to use in their workplace and have the ability to
share their work with management.

Teaching staff just need to do some training to get a hold on it, and there
is wonderful support here in Australia from Alison Poot from PPad. Happy to
share some webfolios with you to look at if you send your email to me at
pauline...@rmit.edu.au or have a look at the PPad website there are a
range of videos there on how they can be used. A really good tool for any
students who need to collect a portfolio of evidence.

Cheers P

--
Pauline Porcaro

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:48:03 PM UTC+11, Stephen Bright wrote:
Any Pebblepad users care to comment on the usability/user friendliness of Pebblepad?

Sandra

Mar 21, 2013, 3:39:06 PM3/21/13

On Wednesday, 20 March 2013 13:48:03 UTC+11, Stephen Bright wrote:
Any Pebblepad users care to comment on the usability/user friendliness of Pebblepad?

HI Stephen

I have used PebblePad as a student for about 5 years and like any technology tool it is worth putting the effort into training staff so that they are confident to teach students how to use it well. I have a dream job this semester introducing first year teacher education students to PebblePad so as to set them up for its use over the next 3.5 years.

I agree with Pauline. Teach your staff well and it can be introduced more easily and spend time with students for the same reason. I have only ever had to use it for 2 subjects but use it all the time to support me in my studies.

Sandra Stewart
I can be contacted sast...@csu.edu.au