Eportfolio Conferences 2011

Coach Carole

Dec 10, 2010, 7:05:10 PM12/10/10
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com

2nd Annual E-Portfolio World Summit

The Portfolio-Supported, Self-Directed Learner in a Global Knowledge Economy

July 25-28, 2011

World Trade Center and Seaport Hotel

Boston, MA

Co-Sponsored by The Association of American Colleges and Universities

and

The Northeast Regional Computing Program (NERCOMP)

Co-Located with Campus Technology 2011

The deadline for the Call for Proposals is January 28, 2011 with notification by March 4, 2011.

Read more about submitting a proposal.

The Call for Proposals is online.

Conference registration and hotel reservations will be available online in February 2011.

Conference Information

Context: The AAEEBL annual conference this year, July 25-28, 2011, in Boston will herald a global transition from the typically tentative, experimental deployment of portfolios to a new committed portfolio deployment characterized by significant curricular re-design within institutions of learning from primary school to graduate school.  This conference will also mark a fuller deployment of portfolios in support of those already in the workforce.  This fuller acceptance of portfolios reflects deep changes in both how knowledge is constructed in our society and in how graduates must direct their careers actively as they move from job to job.  Portfolios are quickly becoming essential gear to succeed in the world of today.

Background: AAEEBL’s first world conference in July 2010 drew 370 people from the U.S., Canada, the U.K., the Netherlands, and Australia.  This year, July 25-28, 2011, also at the Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center in Boston, we expect a larger attendance.  We have built in much more social interaction time at this coming conference in response to requests from last July.

Registration:  All presenters must register for the conference.  Pre-conference workshop registration is a separate, additional registration:  you must be registered for the conference to register for a pre-conference workshop.

AAEEBL members from AAEEBL member institutions receive a significant discount ($200 USD off the registration price for the first 3 registrants from the institution, for a potential total savings of $600 USD per institution).

Workshops:  Pre-conference and half- and full-day workshops will be held on Monday, July 25, 2011.  You can submit a proposal to lead one of these workshops or to present in one of the concurrent sessions on Tuesday - Thursday, July 26th, 27th and 28th.

Journal Publication
:  This year, along with your proposal to present at the conference, you will also have the option of submitting a paper for peer-review to The International Journal of ePortfolio (IJeP) following the IJeP guidelines.

Conference notes of interest

  • AAEEBL shares an exhibit floor with Campus Technology that will feature several hundred booths, all with offerings related to information and communication technology in education.
  • This year, registration at either AAEEBL or Campus Technology admits you to both conferences.
  • The conferences will be on two different floors, but you will be free to attend sessions on either floor.
  • Together, the two conferences will draw around 1,000 attendees.
  • Receptions and other events for each conference, however, will be separate.
For additional information contact: judyb...@me.com

Don Presant

Jan 17, 2011, 6:36:00 AM1/17/11
to Eportfolio_conversations
Hi Carole:
Here's another 2011 ePortfolio conference notice, from EIfEL, who are
partnering with the Centre for Recording Achievement for "ePIC 2011,
the 9th ePortfolio and Identity Conference" in London, England 11-13
July 2011, at Savoy Place (same location as last year).

Here's the link:
http://events.eife-l.org/epic2011/

I'm on the conference committee this year, so please pass on any
questions or feedback.

don

On 10 Dec 2010, 18:05, Coach Carole <coachcarole2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2nd Annual E-Portfolio World Summit
>
> The Portfolio-Supported, Self-Directed Learner in a Global Knowledge
> Economy
>
> July 25-28, 2011
>
> World Trade Center and Seaport Hotel
>
> Boston, MA
>
> Co-Sponsored by The Association of American Colleges and Universities
>
> and
>
> The Northeast Regional Computing Program (NERCOMP)
>
> Co-Located with Campus Technology 2011
>
> The deadline for the Call for Proposals is January 28, 2011 with
> notification by March 4, 2011.
>
> Read more about submitting a proposal.
>
> The Call for Proposals is online.
>
> Conference registration and hotel reservations will be available online
> in February 2011.
>
> contact: judybat...@me.com

Coach Carole

Feb 15, 2011, 8:12:38 PM2/15/11
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com

Just in from Eportfolio California - webinar at 12 pm ET Fri March 4 (4 am AEDT Sat March 5)

Exploring ePortfolio Technologies: Reviewing Platforms and Approaches for Teaching, Learning and Beyond

Have you ever asked or been asked these questions?

  • What ePortfolio tools are available?
  • What criteria should I use to evaluate various ePortfolio platforms?
  • Does [insert name of ePortfolio vendor] support [insert feature or function such as social networking, assessment management, etc.]?
  • Do you know anyone who is using [name of ePortfolio tool] who I could talk to about their experiences?

The AAEEBL, EPAC, and ePortfolio California communities often hear these kinds of questions and as a result, we are planning to collaboratively host a webinar series featuring a wide range of ePortfolio vendors. While each of the vendors will be asked to provide references to resources that cover the standard information about technical specifications, space allocations, privacy, support permissions, etc., we want to position this presentation as an opportunity to raise other issues that may not necessarily be covered in the brochures and websites. So, rather than just having each of the vendors do their usual pitch, we would like to propose that they address some specific questions that are of interest to our communities, for example, "What is your vision or understanding of learning that informs the design of your tool?" or "How does your tool support scaffolding for reflection?"

We would like to solicit your input on the kinds of questions and issues you would like the participating vendors to address in their presentations. Share your ideas for questions and other suggestions for the vendor webinar series by going to this survey link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEh0azJycy1WaG5YTk5PMEVZUklmNFE6MQ

Please note that this the first time we've tried something like this and our interest in this series is mainly to respond to the needs of the ePortfolio community as we perceive them.  None of our organizations support nor advocate for any specific ePortfolio platform and our primary goal is to create a resource and a forum for the community to engage in conversations around issues related to ePortfolio technologies, their features and functionalities as they relate to teaching and learning.

Please contribute your suggestions by Friday, February 25th.  We are currently lining up interested ePortfolio vendors and will hold our first vendor webinar on Friday, March 4th, at 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT and we'd like to give our presenters plenty of time to prepare to address your questions. More details will be posted on our respective websites and listservs.

We welcome your feedback and input!

Another on topic webinar coming up soon hosted by :
The Association for Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning -- http://www.aaeebl.org/
EPAC Community of Practice - http://epac.pbworks.com/
ePortfolio California - http://eportfolioca.org/