AAEEBL

1 view

Coach Carole

Feb 12, 2012, 10:58:16 PM2/12/12
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Submit proposal to AAEEBL Annual Conference.

Hello again, everyone -- this is the third mailing to you about the impressive lineup of keynoters we have this coming July 16-19, 2012 in Boston.  I have written to you about Peter Elbow and Barbara Cambridge already.  Our Wednesday keynoter is Gillie Bolton, a medical educator who sees the learning value of reflective writing but also the therapeutic value.  ePortfolios as therapy? :-)

Gillie Bolton will be joining the AAEEBL conference from her home in the U.K.

Her book, Reflective Practice: Writing & Professional Development, extends for us the idea of reflection, perhaps the central learning value that electronic portfolios support.

With Bolton's emphasis on "writing myself," writing as thinking, writing as professional development, and the therapeutic value of writing, she adds dimensions to our concept of reflection as used in eportfolio practices.

AAEEBL is therefore pleased that Gillie Bolton, an internationally-known author, will be our Wednesday July 18, 2012 keynote session leader.  She will help us see reflective writing in ways we may have not thought of before.

Note:  You can still submit a proposal to join Gillie on the AAEEBL Annual Conference program.  The deadline for submitting proposals has now been extended to Monday, February 20, 2012, 12 midnight (2400 hours) US EST.

Best Regards to all --

Trent Batson

Executive Director