New release schedule?

Sergey Prokhorov

Jan 21, 2015, 8:08:40 AM1/21/15
to epg...@googlegroups.com
I see that epgsql master branch isn't updated since 11 jun 2014 and devel branch has > 60 commits and a lot of improevements. Also, there is incompatible changes (API modules renamed).

Is there any plans to release new version? Some time schedule? Or maybe some critical bugs, which should be fixed before new release can be issued?
For now we have a risk that users may start stick on devel branch in their's rebar.config because of missing features.

David Welton

Jan 21, 2015, 8:17:36 AM1/21/15
to Sergey Prokhorov, epg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Good question.

epgsql is a bit of a stop and go effort for me.

I would like all the tests to pass before we merge everything into
master and bump the major version number. Other than that, I don't
have any timeline or strong feelings about the subject.

The more people are active, the more it brings me back to the project.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/

David Welton

Jan 22, 2015, 8:51:59 AM1/22/15
to epg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

here's the list of open issues as far as the tests are concerned:

1) Merging the fix_cached_type branch fixes tests in the 'a' and 'i' versions.

2) An ssl error in the tests.

3) A few other random tests that don't pass:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/epgsql/HEwVr_LSHek

David Welton

Jan 22, 2015, 9:39:20 AM1/22/15
to epg...@googlegroups.com
> 2) An ssl error in the tests.

I have added this to the test schema:

CREATE EXTENSION sslinfo;

I think this is pretty standard these days.

David Welton

Jan 26, 2015, 10:02:46 AM1/26/15
to epg...@googlegroups.com
... and with a few more changes and tweaks, all the tests pass in the
self-contained-pg branch!

Next steps:

* Merge that back into devel. I'm going to do that right now.

* Hopefully people will give it a try and see if everything works for them.

* Merge into master and release.