Can't find the Properties Window

hopewa...@gmail.com

May 29, 2013, 8:53:43 PM5/29/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com
I have EPANET 2.00.12 installed on my Windows 7 computer.  Was working on a project at work and everything was fine.  Came home and opened the project (same laptop, different secondary monitor) and now I can't find the Properties Editor Window.  When I right click on a line or node, and click "properties" the window is nowhere to be found.  I have tried changing the resolution on my computers, and switching the display from extended display, to clone, to single display on the laptop only.... still no window.  Any suggestions?  :)

Daniel Antonio Colocho Arévalo

May 30, 2013, 10:57:33 AM5/30/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Try on the window column and click on the browser or network map, it that you need.

I have EPANET 2.00.12 installed on my Windows 7 computer.  Was working on a project at work and everything was fine.  Came home and opened the project (same laptop, different secondary monitor) and now I can't find the Properties Editor Window.  When I right click on a line or node, and click "properties" the window is nowhere to be found.  I have tried changing the resolution on my computers, and switching the display from extended display, to clone, to single display on the laptop only.... still no window.  Any suggestions?  :)

Books on Epanet and development: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.

Atte.

    Ing. Daniel Colocho
danco...@gmail.com

Paz y bendiciones a usted y su familia.

La forma en que jamás DIOS rechazará nuestra presencia es presentándonos humillados a lo sumo y humildes, reconociendo que sin DIOS valemos menos que la nada y que lo que nos da valor para ser merecedores de su amor es que fuimos redimidos por el Redentor Amado. (Sal 51:17 y  62:9)

La única vida que vale la pena vivir es aquella en la que Dios es primero, luego y por último. Todo lo demás será añadido con abundancia en misericordia, amor, prosperidad y benignidad.

Martin Etcheverry

Jun 10, 2013, 11:25:29 AM6/10/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com
This Should Work, I got the same problem, and it is due to a second monitor/screen is used.

Today Steffen send me this solution:

EPANET stores the location of the properties dialog in the epanet2.ini file.

If I'm guessing right, please try the following steps:

1. Close all EPANET instances on your computer (Make sure that EPANET is not running).
2. Delete the file %APPDATA%\EPANET\epanet2.ini
3. Start EPANET again

I hope it will work....

m.ye...@cqu.edu.au

Apr 12, 2018, 7:08:41 AM4/12/18
to Epanet and Development
Martin you're a legend, thanks.

How is this still an issue?!!

Jesús Mora

Oct 30, 2018, 1:56:21 PM10/30/18
to Epanet and Development
It is works!

Thank you

ka...@hansenallenluce.com

Nov 30, 2018, 1:06:31 PM11/30/18
to Epanet and Development
The solution Martin/Steffen recommends also worked for me when I installed a new 2nd monitor and the EPANET program wouldn't show up at all. I could tell it was open -- it was showing up in the Windows taskbar, and when I Alt+Tabbed, I could see it, but it was not visible. I deleted the .ini file and restarted EPANET, and it's working properly now.