Tank Elevation properties

1 view

elizalde tuquero

Jun 6, 2016, 8:47:51 PM6/6/16
to Epanet and Development

Hi good people of the universe, kindly help me on this please…..

How to determine Elevation properties of the ELEVATED TANK?

a.)    a.) Is it only the GROUND ELEVATION being measured through google earth?

b.)     b.) Or GROUND ELEVATION  plus (+) the height of the STAND SUPPORT (from ground to the base / bottom level of the tank) ?

Thank you very much.

Santiago Arnalich

Jun 7, 2016, 2:21:28 AM6/7/16
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elizalde,

I wouldn't use elevations you get from Google Earth, you are up for a nasty surprise. To my knowledge, Google hasn't published accuracy figures yet, but in my own experience it is easy to get +-20 m errors (TanDEM-X may increase the accuracy to about 2 m but I don't think it is the case yet). You need a topographic survey.

Back to your original question, the tank height you have to introduce is that of the outlet valve, not the drainage but the outlet. That would include the support in an elevated tank.

So if the ground elevation is 20 m, the tower where the water tank is is 6 m tall and the outlet is 1 m above the bottom of the tank, you would use 20+6+1 = 27.

I hope it is useful

Books on Epanet and development: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.

Santiago Arnalich
Consultant, lecturer and author
+34 671700686
skype: sarnalich
www.arnalich.com
Consultancy & training
for Development

elizalde tuquero

Jun 7, 2016, 11:40:51 PM6/7/16
to Epanet and Development
Thank You very much sir Santiago. It is very helpful indeed. God Bless always....