EPANET control statements for intermittent water supply

1 view

Sahini s r

Apr 25, 2016, 1:22:15 AM4/25/16
to Epanet and Development
Hi
Im simulating a real system using epanet FOR INTERMITTENT WATER SUPPLy. the supply is only for 2hr for every two streets and for a particular time. since the links are interconnected there are 3 to 4 check valves operated everytime to open the flow to one loop and close the rest. kindly help me with the control statements( the supply has a reservoir , system runs by gravity and and only controls that i can use is time )

Mark Wilson

Apr 25, 2016, 4:17:40 PM4/25/16
to Epanet and Development
I would suggest trying to put a separate pattern on the demand for each zone/loop.  If you need extra control, you will have to control the pipe that represents the check valve.  You cannot place a control on a check valve.  Alternatively, you could control a pipe upstream or downstream of the check valves if you don't want to change the check valve type to a regular pipe.

Mark