epanet modelling of gate valve to 3 turns open???

elizalde tuquero

Jun 17, 2016, 8:55:36 PM6/17/16
to Epanet and Development

Good day Sir/Mam,

Please help me regarding Gate Valve.

I have modeled our province water distribution system using epanet application, a portion of my model is a housing subdivision w/c I used Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV) at the main pipe going inside the area, but the gate valve is not opened fully and it is set only at 3 TURNS open. My questions are:

a.       ) Is PRV the proper valve to use in these model?

b.      ) The gate valve is set only to  3 TURNS open, How can I set this to epanet?

I am hoping your positive response. Thank you.