modeling spigots with emitter coefficients

Don May

Feb 5, 2016, 3:46:15 PM2/5/16
to Epanet and Development
Anyone have a suggestions on how to model tap stand spigots in a small village water system? I have been using emitter coefficients but I don't really know what the C value is for a given spigot. xx Thanks

Santiago Arnalich

Feb 5, 2016, 4:54:17 PM2/5/16
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Don

In a demand driven approach you only have to give the epanet node what you consider an aceptable demand, for example, 0,2 lps and check that the pressure will be adequate to sustain it, say at least 1 bar. In the real world the tap will flow a little more that that 0,2 but that doesn't affect the design.

I presume if you are asking that you have a reason to model them as emitters. Could you explain a bit further?

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 9:46 PM, Don May <don...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone have a suggestions on how to model tap stand spigots in a small village water system? I have been using emitter coefficients but I don't really know what the C value is for a given spigot. xx Thanks

Books on Epanet and development: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.

Santiago Arnalich
Consultant, lecturer and author
+34 671700686
skype: sarnalich
www.arnalich.com
Consultancy & training
for Development

Laurent Wismer

Feb 9, 2016, 9:14:48 AM2/9/16
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Don May,

You may try to estimate the size of your spigot hole in cm2 that should be the value of your emitter.
Regards
http://designwss.weebly.com/

Laurent

"Emitter: Emitters are devices associated with junctions that model the flow through a nozzle or
orifice. In these situations, the demand (i.e. the flow rate through the emitter) varies in proportion to
the pressure at the junction raised to some power.
Q= s x hexp
They can be used to simulate leakage in pipes; in this case, the value enter in the Emitter, (s in the
equation) will roughly represent in cm2 the size of the holes initiating the leakage."

Books on Epanet and development:

http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.
epanetD+u...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

The ICRC - working to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. Find out more: www.icrc.org

This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s) only.
Its contents are confidential and may only be retained by the named recipient(s) and may only be copied or disclosed with the consent of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). If you are not an intended recipient please delete this e-mail and notify the sender.