Not being able to open files

Samiha Tahseen

Aug 20, 2013, 5:33:50 PM8/20/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Please help me. I have been using EPANET 2.0 for a few weeks now. Today suddenly the file I was working on was stunned. I closed EPANET and tried to open again but since then  the files do not open in a new window rather opens in the taskbar (photo attached). I have double clicked it but it won't maximize.
I have even uninstall and the install the program but the problem persists.
I attached the file I was working on too.
By the way I use windows 8. Does it be the cause of the problem?
Please help me ASAP.
EPANET.png
Tutorial_10_(44 book).NET

William Corkill

Aug 21, 2013, 6:37:08 AM8/21/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com
I can open your net file in epanet

So the file is OK

Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:33:50 -0700
From: samiha....@gmail.com
To: epa...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [epanetD] Not being able to open files
Books on Epanet and development: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.

Maxim F.

Aug 21, 2013, 4:04:19 PM8/21/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As William said the file is working fine, I could also open it on my computer.

I've had a similar problem happen to me a few times, when I work on a laptop and an external monitor/projector/etc.. At some point if you work on Epanet with the window displayed on the external monitor, and then disconnect the external monitor, the PC will still display the Epanet window on that monitor even it's not physically there anymore.

If this is the problem, there are a few ways to get around this. There are many troubleshooting guides found with a Google search: https://www.google.ca/search?q=window+stuck+on+external+monitor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr

Good luck,

Maxim

Elad Salomons

Aug 21, 2013, 11:27:22 PM8/21/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com

Search your computer for Epanet.ini and delete it. You might find more than one.

Elad

Samiha Tahseen

Aug 22, 2013, 9:46:49 AM8/22/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I literally needed to go for reinstalling windows. But next time it happens I will try deleting EPANET.ini.
Thanks again.

Samiha

Daniel Antonio Colocho Arévalo

Aug 22, 2013, 10:17:12 AM8/22/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Find in the web the http://www.eladsalomons.com/  or  http://www.water-simulation.com. Those page are very good to your interest and you can contact to Elad, he is an american engineere who is an expert on Epanet water simulation.

2013/8/20 Samiha Tahseen <samiha....@gmail.com>
Books on Epanet and development: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.

Atte.

    Ing. Daniel Colocho
danco...@gmail.com

Paz y bendiciones a usted y su familia.

La forma en que jamás DIOS rechazará nuestra presencia es presentándonos humillados a lo sumo y humildes, reconociendo que sin DIOS valemos menos que la nada y que lo que nos da valor para ser merecedores de su amor es que fuimos redimidos por el Redentor Amado. (Sal 51:17 y  62:9)

La única vida que vale la pena vivir es aquella en la que Dios es primero, luego y por último. Todo lo demás será añadido con abundancia en misericordia, amor, prosperidad y benignidad.

Elad Salomons

Aug 22, 2013, 1:04:28 PM8/22/13
to epa...@googlegroups.com

Apart from the 'American engineer' I agree :-)

Elad

Godfrey Catipon

Apr 25, 2018, 9:21:28 PM4/25/18
to Epanet and Development
guys can you help me open my epanet file? i've been trying to open it but the error message says that the file is probably not a valid epanet file. i hope you can help me out coz i really need it as soon as possible. thank you guys.
maricum.net

Laurent Wismer

Apr 26, 2018, 3:00:44 AM4/26/18
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Godfrey,

It seems that your file is corrupted, if you open it with a text editor, you can see that it is empty.
Regards

Laurent

Books on Epanet and development:

http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.
epanetD+u...@googlegroups.com

.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.[attachment "maricum.net" deleted by Laurent Wismer/LOG_PURCH_FD/GVA/ICRC]

The ICRC - working to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. Find out more: www.icrc.org

This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s) only.
Its contents are confidential and may only be retained by the named recipient(s) and may only be copied or disclosed with the consent of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). If you are not an intended recipient please delete this e-mail and notify the sender.