Conversion factor from Head in feet of water to PSI

jvboyer

Sep 20, 2017, 11:14:34 AM9/20/17
to Epanet and Development
When reviewing the EPAnet report for a recent project, it appears that an incorrect conversion factor is being used to convert pressure head (in feet of water) to psi.  The conversion factor should be 0.4335, so for a pressure head of 80.30 feet the converted value should be 34.81 psi.  The report is indicating a pressure in psi of -132.56, which makes no sense.  I've attached a screen shot of the report.

The report examples in the Users Guide appear to be using the correct conversion factor.  I haven't been able to figure out where to check the conversion factor the software is using, or how to correct or override it.  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks!

ScreenShot.png

marijan gorjup

Sep 22, 2017, 1:49:24 AM9/22/17
to Epanet and Development
Could you please attach the whole file?

jvboyer

Sep 22, 2017, 8:32:31 AM9/22/17
to Epanet and Development
The full report is attached.
14-1521.pdf

jvboyer

Sep 22, 2017, 8:35:21 AM9/22/17
to Epanet and Development
Also, here is the actual EPAnet file.
14-1521.net

marijan gorjup

Sep 22, 2017, 3:26:36 PM9/22/17
to Epanet and Development
I checked the file. Please check again if "Total head" variables at reservoirs are really 0.
Variable head is equal the sum of pressure and node elevation. I think this should solve your problem.

jvboyer

Jan 3, 2019, 3:53:27 PM1/3/19
to Epanet and Development
Thank you!  That solved the problem.  I apologize for waiting so long to respond.