ill-conditioned at node and reservoir is closed

napan...@gmail.com

May 30, 2016, 12:48:38 AM5/30/16
to Epanet and Development
Hello.

I'm new to Epanet program. now i'm woking on an Epanet project. but i get this error when i run the model.

'ill-conditioned at node XX and reservoir is closed' (this data model is convert from GIS Shapefiles (QGIS))

i've rechecked node and line that not snap but it still get error (some pipes are crossing(that because in the real they normally don't connect) should i split them or anything?)

this error have warning then i should recheck the area around error nodes,right?

i've read some topic that same problem but i don't have any idea to slove this problem (don't have many knowledge of hydraulic)

please,help or give me some example.

thank you (sorry for my english i'm not good at it)

Untitled.jpg

Daniel Antonio Colocho Arévalo

May 30, 2016, 8:53:55 AM5/30/16
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Check your water demand on the time and verify that don´t overpass the reservoir flow.

If you have rules to indicate EPANET some condition at the time, check it also.

Ideal ´ll be if you atach the *.inp file to verify on more detail yo try to help.

Books on Epanet and development: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.

Atte.

    Ing. Daniel Colocho
danco...@gmail.com

Paz y bendiciones a usted y su familia.

La forma en que jamás DIOS rechazará nuestra presencia es presentándonos humillados a lo sumo y humildes, reconociendo que sin DIOS valemos menos que la nada y que lo que nos da valor para ser merecedores de su amor es que fuimos redimidos por el Redentor Amado. (Sal 51:17 y  62:9)

La única vida que vale la pena vivir es aquella en la que Dios es primero, luego y por último. Todo lo demás será añadido con abundancia en misericordia, amor, prosperidad y benignidad.

napan...@gmail.com

May 31, 2016, 1:25:15 AM5/31/16
to Epanet and Development
Thank you for your answer Daniel

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9eF_TOclp2AUzhxdy1xY0NvVzA

this is my project

i don't know what should i do

matjaž amon

May 31, 2016, 2:43:56 AM5/31/16
to Epanet and Development
Hi there

i looked at yours project.

There are few thing that consern me:

- there are only reservoars and no tanks in your system?
- there are lots of pumps around reservoar r8 ... what is purpose of those pumps? check theirs connection and pipes it is a hydraulic mess becouse of loops (lots of strange loops / baypasses on your system)
- there are lots of reservoars in your system, try to put CV on pipes, that water wont flow from higher reservoar to lower ones or use tanks instead
- you have to understand how hydroulic works, so read some books or something
- etc

Regarts

Matjaz

napan...@gmail.com

May 31, 2016, 3:32:42 AM5/31/16
to Epanet and Development
Thank you so much for your time and help.

i'll try to slove them and read some books.(i tried to understand how hydraulic works but it's too difficult for me (and my bad english))

those pumps have some conditions but i don't put it on yet

i'll recheck those reservoirs too

Santiago Arnalich

May 31, 2016, 3:53:08 AM5/31/16
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Hi napanat,

I had a hard time with hydraulics myself and after a while I came to the conclusion that, while I may be more stupid than average, the problem is the way they are explained: backwards.

They go from the abstract to the practical, and that is quite a leap for most of us. It is a lot easier to go from a few practical problems to the abstract. Good luck with applying Navier-Stokes equations to even the simplest problems!

I tried to fill this access gap with a few manuals on water scheme design, you can find them here: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

Notice that you can read them online for free. Good luck with it, it is a lot easier than it seems!

Books on Epanet and development: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.

Santiago Arnalich
Consultant, lecturer and author
+34 671700686
skype: sarnalich
www.arnalich.com
Consultancy & training
for Development

napan...@gmail.com

May 31, 2016, 4:08:29 AM5/31/16
to Epanet and Development
Thank you so much Santiago, i'll try

Sreydet IM

Mar 28, 2017, 3:45:50 AM3/28/17
to Epanet and Development
Hi Napanat,

I face such problem like you in EPANET. I would like to ask you that how did you solve it at that time? Could you please share me your solution? Your help means a lot to me. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely yours,
Sreydet

Napanat Rojrattanajinda

Mar 29, 2017, 11:59:08 PM3/29/17
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sreydet,

i'd found out that some nodes not connect to line. then i spit them off 2 line and connect node that not connect to line before

and success running model

hope you can slove them all and sorry for my bad english skill

Napanat

Books on Epanet and development: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.
12345.jpg

matjaž amon

Mar 30, 2017, 5:13:43 AM3/30/17
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Hi there

Is there a way to split line / pile in epanet to make new node, or to make node out od vertex, without drawing new lines / pipes?

Thanks

regarts

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.

Napanat Rojrattanajinda

Mar 30, 2017, 10:21:54 PM3/30/17
to epa...@googlegroups.com
i think it can't without drawing new pipes or nodes in Epanet program but

maybe you're try other programs to make model and convert to epanet files.

Laurent Wismer

Mar 31, 2017, 3:18:03 AM3/31/17
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Epanet is not very user friendly for this type of manipulation.

I recommend you to use this tool to manipulate Excel files : http://designwss.weebly.com/3-nsm.html

Regards

To unsubscribe, send a message to:
epanetD+u...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/epanetD/-BHAac3inHg/unsubscribe

.
epanetD+u...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

[...]

The ICRC - working to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. Find out more: www.icrc.org

This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s) only.
Its contents are confidential and may only be retained by the named recipient(s) and may only be copied or disclosed with the consent of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). If you are not an intended recipient please delete this e-mail and notify the sender.

MARVIN B. FERNANDEZ

Apr 15, 2019, 11:35:41 PM4/15/19
to Epanet and Development

Hi everyone,

Untitled1.jpg

I'm new in using EPANET, could anyone help me with my project? I am encountering problems with my system. Details of which is attached. I am modelling a gravity fed water system. I have attached the epanet model for you to see the overview of the project. Hope anyone could help me with this. Our project is intended for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the tacloban City, Philipines.

Thank you.
Hydraulic Analysis.net

Napanat Rojrattanajinda

Apr 16, 2019, 12:04:38 AM4/16/19
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you'll checking at node 22 and others around node 22 that will make you find a problem with this system (problem of node not connect or low pressure or something else, maybe)

Hope it will help you some
Sorry for my English and I'm on a vacation now. So I cant open attach file😔

ในวันที่ อ. 16 เม.ย. 2019 10:35 MARVIN B. FERNANDEZ <mbfern...@gmail.com> เขียนว่า: