error trying to unpack sabnzbd with gzip

stu...@holcombe.name

Apr 9, 2012, 5:34:31 PM4/9/12
to eonst...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting the error that the sabnzbd file I downloaded with wget isn't in gzip format. I've attached a screen shot showing the error.

I downloaded the file using firefox with the URL http://bit.ly/sabnzbd-latest. I then opened the file in 7-zip and it seemed to be fine.

Ideas?

Andre, thanks for all your help and fast response times.

dre2kse

Apr 9, 2012, 6:04:52 PM4/9/12
to eonst...@googlegroups.com
Try not sure why the sourceforge redirecting links produce inconsistent results based on browser client.

wget -U IE6 -O sabnzbd.tar.gz http://bit.ly/sabnzbd-latest
or
wget -O sabnzbd.tar.gz http://bit.ly/sabnzbd-latest

dre2kse

Apr 9, 2012, 6:09:23 PM4/9/12
to eonst...@googlegroups.com
Try (below) not sure why the sourceforge redirecting links produce inconsistent results based on browser client. I suspect they don't like external hotlinks.

wget -U IE6 -O sabnzbd.tar.gz http://bit.ly/sabnzbd-latest
or
wget -O sabnzbd.tar.gz http://bit.ly/sabnzbd-latest

run 'file' on the downloaded file to make sure wget didn't incorrectly directed
file sabnzbd.tar.gz