Complaint & adjustment letters

David X

Dec 10, 2011, 1:28:57 PM12/10/11
to eoi-writing-comp...@googlegroups.com
I sent this message to the group a couple of days ago using the link
eoi-writing-comp...@googlegroups.com
 But I think it didn't work properly so here I go again. I hope you all will receive it this time. I've posted the complaint letter and also it own reply.

COMPLAINT LETTER

David Sanz

207 Sweet home St.

Fuenlabrada

December, 6, 2011

Wonderful Place Hotel

23 Main street

Madrid

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am writing with regard to my disappointment about an unpleasant stay at your hotel.

I am afraid to say that I am absolutly dissatisfied with the hotel service. On November the twenty-sixth, I booked two double rooms for the first weekend of december. This weekend was going to be an expected family meeting and I didn’t want anything to go wrong. So, I deliberately asked the receptionist for an adapted room for dissabled people, because one of the rooms was for an elderly woman who was disabled in a wheelchair. She obviously needed a room fully equipped for her needs.

Your employee told me there wouldn’t be any trouble with that because there were adapted available rooms.

The day of the stay, we noticed that the adapted room the hotel offered us was same as the other. Both were standard. Anyway, There were no vacancies at your hotel and we were told that it was no chance to move rooms.

That serious mistake did not live up to my expectations enough. It ruined our weekend and made us felt quite upset. My relative spent an uncomfortable stay and I felt really embarrassed though it wasn’t my fault. The management of the booking was my responsibility and even now I still feel guilty and responsible for the matter.

I feel extremely disappointed and I think I am owed an apology and some form of compensation.

I would appreciate if you could contact me as soon as possible in order to solve this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours faithfully,

David Sanz.

COMPLAINT REPLY (ALSO CALLED ADJUSTMENT LETTERS).

Wonderful Place Hotel

23 Main street

Madrid

December, 23, 2011

David Sanz

207 Sweet home St.

Fuenlabrada

Dear Mr. Sanz,

I refer to your letter relating to your recent stay.

Please accept our apologies for the terrible mistake made by our hotel.

We agree that the usual high standards of our services were not met in this instance.

As a result of our investigation, we found that apparently, the problem was caused by a simply spelling mistake when our receptionist was typing your booking into the computer system. As a result, two standard suites were booked instead of what you asked for.

While we can understand your dissapointment, I regret to inform you that we can’t refund your money back due to our own internal regulations of the company.

However, to show goodwill, and as a gesture of our regret, we are willing to offer you a 50% discount and a free breakfast if you decide to visit us again.

I can assure you, on behalf of the hotel, that this will not happen again.

We look forward to hearing from you

Yours sincerely

John Smith

Hotel Manager.

Mar Macias Gomez

Dec 11, 2011, 4:21:21 PM12/11/11
to EOI WRITING COMPOSITIONS NA1 NA2
Hi, I think this letter can get better!

On 10 dic, 19:28, David X <teacher...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I sent this message to the group a couple of days ago using the link
> eoi-writing-comp...@googlegroups.com
>  But I think it didn't work properly so here I go again. I hope you all
> will receive it this time. I've posted the complaint letter and also it own
> reply.
>
> COMPLAINT LETTER
>
> David Sanz
>
> 207 Sweet home St.
>
> Fuenlabrada
>
> December, 6, 2011
>

> *Wonderful Place* Hotel

> 23 Main street
>
> Madrid
>
> Dear Sir/ Madam,
>
> I am writing with regard to my disappointment about an unpleasant stay at
> your hotel.
>
> I am afraid to say that I am absolutly dissatisfied with the hotel service.
> On November the twenty-sixth, I booked two double rooms for the first

> weekend of december. This WW weekend was going to be an expected family

> meeting and I didn’t want anything to go wrong. So, I deliberately asked
> the receptionist for an adapted room for dissabled people, because one of
> the rooms was for an elderly woman who was disabled in a wheelchair. She
> obviously needed a room fully equipped for her needs.
>
> Your employee told me there wouldn’t be any trouble with that because there

> were adapted available rooms O.
>
> The day of the stay, we noticed that the adapted room the hotel offered us P

> was same as the other. Both were standard. Anyway, There were no vacancies
> at your hotel and we were told that it was no chance to move rooms.
>
> That serious mistake did not live up to my expectations enough. It ruined
> our weekend and made us felt quite upset. My relative spent an
> uncomfortable stay and I felt really embarrassed though it wasn’t my fault.
> The management of the booking was my responsibility and even now I still
> feel guilty and responsible for the matter.
>
> I feel extremely disappointed and I think I am owed an apology and some
> form of compensation.
>
> I would appreciate if you could contact me as soon as possible in order to
> solve this matter.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you shortly.
>
> Yours faithfully,
>

> *David Sanz.*
>
> *COMPLAINT REPLY (ALSO CALLED ADJUSTMENT LETTERS). *
>
> *Wonderful Place* Hotel

> 23 Main street
>
> Madrid
>
> December, 23, 2011
>
> David Sanz
>
> 207 Sweet home St.
>
> Fuenlabrada
>
> Dear Mr. Sanz,
>
> I refer to your letter relating to your recent stay.
>
> Please accept our apologies for the terrible mistake made by our hotel.
>
> We agree that the usual high standards of our services were not met in this
> instance.
>

> As a result of our investigation, we found X that apparently, the problem was

ANGELO

Jan 30, 2012, 2:07:40 PM1/30/12
to eoi-writing-comp...@googlegroups.com
I AGREE WITH MAR... please rewrite the letter without the mistakes and we all will improve! ;)

my corrections below...