Enzo PR triage - please help!

Brian O'Shea

Dec 1, 2015, 12:28:30 AM12/1/15
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm writing with a plea to help out with some Enzo PR triage - we need to take care of this so that we can release the next point release of Enzo.  I will be going through all of the PRs and running the test suite (which unfortunately does not run automatically any more).  However, it would be helpful if people could pick a couple of PRs and look at them.  Please do NOT accept the PRs even if they have three Approves - I am going to run the test suite on each one prior to merging.

Thank you!

--Brian

Major PRs:

PR 205, new 2D test problems for hydro and MHD
Nobody has approved it yet.
*** Greg Bryan, Dave Collins, Devin Silvia - can the three of you review this? ***

PR 277, Kinetic feedback
Greg Bryan has reviewed and approved it; we need two more people to sign off.  There is currently a merge conflict that needs to be fixed!
*** Cameron, John -- can the two of you review this? ***

PR 300, cosmic rays for Zeus and GalaxySimulation enhancements
Nobody has approved it yet.
*** I will review this; Tom, Nathan - can the two of you review this as well? ***

PR 309, Must refine particles
Nobody has reviewed it yet.
*** I will review this; Britton, Cameron -- can the two of you review this? ***

Minor PRs:

PR 310, UniformGravity support in MUSCL solver
Tom Abel and I have reviewed and approved it; we need one more reviewer.  (It's a one-line fix)

PR 311, Load balancing fix for grids with equal work
Greg Bryan and I have reviewed and approved it; we need one more reviewer.  It's a very small fix.

PRs that probably will not make it into Enzo 2.5:

PR 297, overloading new with log2alloc
This is not universally making things better; we need more testing.

PR 304, updating the test suite to work with yt-3
There is a speed problem with yt-3 and the test suite; Nathan needs to look into it.