Possible Enzo users and developer workshop in May or June

John Wise

Feb 7, 2018, 5:45:29 PM2/7/18
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I want to propose to hold our next Enzo developer workshop at Georgia
Tech in May or June, a year after our meeting in UCSD. Because
everyone's participation is crucial to a successful meeting, I would
like to poll people for the best week.

If you're interested, please let reply to this email to me directly (no
need to reply-to-list). I will send a Doodle poll in a week from now to
those who reply.

I also have funding for a users workshop that I propose to hold before
or after the developer workshop. I think a 3-day dev workshop and a
2-day users workshop would be ideal. We haven't had one since the
workshop in 2010 at SDSC, and I think that was a huge success. Several
of us can stay for those extra 2 days to give tutorials and direct
one-on-one help to the participants.

Thanks,
John

--
John Wise
Associate Professor of Physics

Tom Abel

Feb 7, 2018, 5:57:47 PM2/7/18
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Would love to come.
Tom

Typed on an IPhone. Please excuse typos and surprising autocorrects.

Nathan Goldbaum

Feb 7, 2018, 6:00:37 PM2/7/18
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

I'd be able to come to this and am happy to help out with the User's workshop. Particularly for any yt content in the workshop.

-Nathan

On Wed, Feb 7, 2018 at 4:57 PM, Tom Abel <yip...@gmail.com> wrote:
Would love to come.
Tom

Typed on an IPhone. Please excuse typos and surprising autocorrects.

> On Feb 7, 2018, at 2:45 PM, John Wise <jw...@physics.gatech.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to propose to hold our next Enzo developer workshop at Georgia Tech in May or June, a year after our meeting in UCSD.  Because everyone's participation is crucial to a successful meeting, I would like to poll people for the best week.
>
> If you're interested, please let reply to this email to me directly (no need to reply-to-list).  I will send a Doodle poll in a week from now to those who reply.
>
> I also have funding for a users workshop that I propose to hold before or after the developer workshop.  I think a 3-day dev workshop and a 2-day users workshop would be ideal.  We haven't had one since the workshop in 2010 at SDSC, and I think that was a huge success.  Several of us can stay for those extra 2 days to give tutorials and direct one-on-one help to the participants.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> --
> John Wise
> Associate Professor of Physics
> Center for Relativistic Astrophysics, Georgia Tech
> http://cosmo.gatech.edu

Greg Bryan

Feb 10, 2018, 12:28:58 PM2/10/18
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
H John — This would be great and I would really love to attend! For me to attend, it would have to be before June 20 (although as you know, my track record in attending is not good so downgrade the weight of my vote..)

Cheers,
Greg

John Wise

Feb 14, 2018, 10:12:56 AM2/14/18
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've just sent out the poll to people who responded. If you didn't
receive it and want to attend, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

Tom Abel

Feb 14, 2018, 11:23:29 AM2/14/18