Enzo-3.0 Test Failures

John Regan

Jan 19, 2017, 12:19:30 PM1/19/17
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm trying to run the test suite on the tip of the enzo-3.0 branch with yt version 2.6.1.
I *think* enzo-3.0 runs only against yt-2.X for test suite purposes? It definitely fails with YT-3.X anyway.
I'm just running the Cloudy cooling test for simplicity but it's failing (as are a whole host of other tests). The output is below.

http://paste.yt-project.org/show/7003/

Anyone know what the status of the test suite and enzo-3.0 is? Should it / does it work?

Cheers,
John

Nathan Goldbaum

Jan 19, 2017, 12:27:27 PM1/19/17
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Two of those test failures are from using a version of NumPy that is more strict about ufunc type conversions than the versions of NumPy yt 2.6.1 was ever tested against. I'm not sure offhand what's up with the second one.

I think the real solution here is to make Enzo-3.0 use the latest version of yt for testing, which means porting changes from Enzo-2.x to Enzo-3.0. I have an open pull request which includes some of the changes, but does not include all the latest changes that have accumulated since I opened the PR.

If you'd be interested in taking over the porting effort, I'd be very appreciative. I'm currently working on projects that do not use Enzo 3.0 and do not have a lot of morivstion to do it on a short timescale. Given that you seem to have a need to run the Enzo-3.0 test suite, you are a good candidate to pick up the torch here.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/enzo-dev.

John Regan

Jan 25, 2017, 4:39:55 AM1/25/17
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,

I agree that is the best solution. I'll have a look at the open PR and see if I can move it forward.

Cheers,
John