Memory pool

18 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Andrew Emerick

ulæst,
4. aug. 2017, 12.22.2904.08.2017
til enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Looking through the code I found a handful of ifdefs with MEMORY_POOL, but obviously no associated config option. At a glance it looks like this is doing some fancier memory management with photons in RT.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know better what this does and how experimental / safe to use this is? Does it do a better job managing memory when running an RT simulation?

Thanks,
Andrew
---
NSF Graduate Research Fellow
Columbia University
Department of Astronomy

Wise, John H

ulæst,
8. aug. 2017, 08.57.1108.08.2017
til enzo-dev
Hi Andrew,

This was my attempt at stemming memory fragmentation in the ray tracer. I used it last in ~2011, and it worked back then, producing the same results and no crashes. But to my disappointment, it didn’t help much with the fragmentation. At least it was a nice code exercise and distraction from other things. I’m not sure if it even compiles or works anymore with it being untouched for 6 years. But feel free to test it out if you want!

Thanks,
John
> --

John Wise
Associate Professor of Physics
Center for Relativistic Astrophysics, Georgia Tech
http://cosmo.gatech.edu

Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend