Stars and Radiation

Andrew Emerick

Feb 25, 2016, 10:04:48 PM2/25/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm adding in a new star particle type into Enzo and want to be able to make them into radiating sources, tying them into the ray-tracing radiative transfer functionality.

However, I didn't see any documentation on directly how particles are declared as radiating sources nor how one would go about doing this. I've been having a hard time trying to figure this out by just looking at the code alone.

Thanks,
Andrew
---
NSF Graduate Research Fellow
Columbia University
Department of Astronomy

John Regan

Feb 26, 2016, 2:58:09 AM2/26/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Are you using Enzo 2.x or Enzo 3.0? If you are using Enzo-3.0 you can have a look at this PR which shows in a straight forward way how to connect active particles with radiation.

https://bitbucket.org/john_regan/enzo-3.0-rponly

If you are using Enzo 2.x there are a few more hoops to jump through but it's also fairly straight forward and I can send on some example code for that if you need it.

Cheers,
John

Andrew Emerick

Feb 26, 2016, 4:46:55 AM2/26/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi John

I'm using Enzo 2.x for this. The example code would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andrew