any last to-dos before we issue the next Enzo public release?

Brian O'Shea

Feb 25, 2016, 7:33:04 AM2/25/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

Now that the kinetic feedback PR is accepted, we have all of the PRs (and code functionality) that we wanted to get into the code prior to the next Enzo public release. For reference, see the notes from the last Enzo dev workshop [1]. Thanks in particular to Christine, Cameron and Greg Bryan, who have exerted a staggering amount of effort to get the kinetic feedback PR to work for wide a range of scenarios it was not originally designed for!

Before we declare victory and send out the announcement email, I wanted to double-check: is there anything that we still need to do?  Documentation that we could easily (and quickly) improve, extra test problems to add to the run/ directory, etc.?

I'll give people a couple of days to think about this, but I'd like to release the next public version early next week if at all possible.

--Brian

Greg Bryan

Feb 25, 2016, 7:57:16 AM2/25/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Brian — I don’t have any other issues.  A big thanks to you for pushing on all of these PRs to get this done!

Greg

John Wise

Feb 25, 2016, 12:49:52 PM2/25/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

I don't see anything else to include before the point release. Thanks
for pushing on these PRs!

John

On 02/25/2016 07:57 AM, Greg Bryan wrote:
> Brian — I don’t have any other issues. A big thanks to you for pushing
> on all of these PRs to get this done!
>
> Greg
>
>> On Feb 25, 2016, at 7:33 AM, Brian O'Shea <bwo...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:bwo...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Now that the kinetic feedback PR is accepted, we have all of the PRs
>> (and code functionality) that we wanted to get into the code prior to
>> the next Enzo public release. For reference, see the notes from the
>> last Enzo dev workshop [1]. Thanks in particular to Christine, Cameron
>> and Greg Bryan, who have exerted a staggering amount of effort to get
>> the kinetic feedback PR to work for wide a range of scenarios it was
>> not originally designed for!
>>
>> Before we declare victory and send out the announcement email, I
>> wanted to double-check: is there anything that we still need to do?
>> Documentation that we could easily (and quickly) improve, extra test
>> problems to add to the run/ directory, etc.?
>>
>> I'll give people a couple of days to think about this, but I'd like to
>> release the next public version early next week if at all possible.
>>
>> --Brian
>>

>> [1]
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pDOrUDxH2Oc5Cdz1WTsNF1n9Itj8X84x5STvNDKFLDQ/edit
>>
>> --
>
> --

John Wise
Assistant Professor of Physics
Center for Relativistic Astrophysics, Georgia Tech
http://cosmo.gatech.edu