changing the default solar metal mass fraction

Britton Smith

May 29, 2015, 3:22:23 PM5/29/15
to grackle-co...@googlegroups.com, enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm sending this to both the Grackle and Enzo-dev lists.  I just issued a pull request to Grackle to update the value of the solar metal mass fraction to be consistent with Cloudy.  I figured this was the best choice as Cloudy was used to generate the metal cooling tables.

If you have any comments on the value I've chosen, please leave a comment on the pull request, which can be viewed here:

Britton

Nathan Goldbaum

May 29, 2015, 3:23:43 PM5/29/15
to Britton Smith, grackle-co...@googlegroups.com, enzo...@googlegroups.com
What do you think about also updating the value used in Enzo and yt to match?

Britton Smith

May 29, 2015, 3:41:50 PM5/29/15
to grackle-co...@googlegroups.com, enzo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think we should absolutely do that as well.  Once this has been accepted, I plan to issue PRs for enzo and yt, too.

Brian O'Shea

May 29, 2015, 3:46:07 PM5/29/15
to Britton Smith, grackle-co...@googlegroups.com, enzo...@googlegroups.com
I agree 100% - it's critical for Enzo, Grackle, and yt to all agree what 'Solar metallicity' actually is.

Britton Smith

May 29, 2015, 3:53:27 PM5/29/15
to grackle-co...@googlegroups.com, enzo...@googlegroups.com
Additionally, if you are ok with the new value, please leave an approval on the PR so I know there's support.