+/- 1 on adding a CITATION file?

Nathan Goldbaum

Jul 14, 2014, 3:01:02 PM7/14/14
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Is there support for adding a CITATION file to the root of the enzo repository?  If so, should this only include the 2013 method paper, or should I also include citations to the older conference proceedings we were using before the method paper.

-Nathan

Matthew Turk

Jul 14, 2014, 3:02:46 PM7/14/14
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
+1 on adding it with the pointer to the 2013 paper.

Cameron Hummels

Jul 14, 2014, 3:17:20 PM7/14/14
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
+1 with 2013 paper
--
Cameron Hummels
Postdoctoral Researcher

Brian O'Shea

Jul 14, 2014, 3:52:53 PM7/14/14
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
+1 on adding it with a pointer to the method paper, but note that the actual published one is 2014: http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2014ApJS..211...19B

--Brian

Greg Bryan

Jul 14, 2014, 3:59:00 PM7/14/14
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
+1 for pointer to the (2014) method paper.  Thanks Nathan!

Greg

Brian O'Shea

Jul 14, 2014, 4:06:43 PM7/14/14
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Oh, a followup thought: on the front page of the Enzo documentation (http://enzo.readthedocs.org/en/latest/), we have this text:

"If you use Enzo for a scientific publication, we ask that you cite the code in the following way in the acknowledgments of your paper:

Computations described in this work were performed using the Enzo code (http://enzo-project.org), which is the product of a collaborative effort of scientists at many universities and national laboratories."

I've always liked this, and think we should add something like it to the CITATION file. That said, I also think we should change our suggested boilerplate a bit.  The formulation that I personally prefer is:

"Computations described in this work were performed using the publicly-available \texttt{Enzo} code (http://enzo-project.org), which is the product of a collaborative effort of many independent scientists from numerous institutions around the world.  Their commitment to open science has helped make this work possible."

If people like that, maybe we could put it in the CITATION file and also in the Enzo docs.

Nathan Goldbaum

j s oishi

Jul 14, 2014, 4:08:35 PM7/14/14
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Brian O'Shea <bwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

"Computations described in this work were performed using the publicly-available \texttt{Enzo} code (http://enzo-project.org), which is the product of a collaborative effort of many independent scientists from numerous institutions around the world.  Their commitment to open science has helped make this work possible."

I really like this.

Cameron Hummels

Jul 14, 2014, 4:14:04 PM7/14/14
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
+1

Reju Sam John

Sep 29, 2016, 3:50:20 AM9/29/16
to enzo-dev
Hi Brian,

Where can I find this 'CITATION file' ?

Brian O'Shea

Sep 29, 2016, 6:29:42 AM9/29/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Remu,

It's in the top-level directory of the enzo Mercurial repository, in the same directory as the LICENSE, README, and CHANGELOG files.

--Brian

Reju Sam John

Sep 29, 2016, 6:36:22 AM9/29/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com