Preparation for Enzo 2.5 release - missing anything?

Brian O'Shea

Mar 6, 2016, 1:35:04 PM3/6/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

Now that all of the targeted PRs are accepted I spent a bit of time getting ready for the Enzo 2.5 public release, and I want to make sure that I haven't missed anything.  Please take a look through this list, and let me know if I've missed anything.

Done:
+ Public release email drafted - attached at the end of this email (to be sent to enzo-dev and enzo-users)

To do:
+ Create Enzo 2.5 docs for readthedocs.org and enzo-project.org (WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THIS?  Britton?)
+ Merge stable branch with week-of-code and run test suite [Brian]
+ Add enzo-2.5 tag to last stable branch changeset [Brian]
+ move @ bookmark if necessary [Brian]
+ send out public release email [?]

Does this look right, or am I missing anything?  (Note: I'm going off of https://enzo.readthedocs.org/en/latest/developer_guide/DoingARelease.html, so if I am missing something we probably want to update these docs as well!)

--Brian

----------------------------

Subject:  ANN: Enzo 2.5 public release

Email body:

We are pleased to announce the release of Version 2.5 of the Enzo
code. This is a periodic release that includes all changes committed
to the Enzo BitBucket repository since August 2014. This release
contains some new features and a number of enhancements and bugfixes.

New features include: support for Version 2.0 of the Grackle chemistry
and cooling library; refinement by Must Refine particles and metal
mass; cosmic ray pressure, diffusiong and injection for the ZEUS
solver; Kinetic stellar feedback; power-of-two memory allocation to
decrease fragmentation; and many new problem types.

There have been a number of enhancements to the hydro, MHD, radiation
transport, and star particle routines, and a variety of performance
enhancements to the same set of packages.

There have also been a number of significant bugfixes, including
several that may increase the stability and efficiency of production
multi-physics simulations.

We urge all users to update to the latest version if they are using
Enzo 2.4 or earlier. While one can obtain the release by downloading a
tar file, we strong encourage all users to use enzo from a clone of
the mercurial repository, which will facilitate reproducible work with
the code.

For more information about enzo, see http://enzo-project.org.

For the release notes and changelog, see
the root directory of the enzo-dev repository.

On behalf of the Enzo collaboration,

Brian O'Shea

Cameron Hummels

Mar 6, 2016, 1:47:14 PM3/6/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
"diffusiong and injection for the ZEUS"

Typo, and maybe restructure to be: "a cosmic ray fluid including pressure, diffusion and injection;"

Cameron Hummels
NSF Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Astronomy
California Institute of Technology

Brian O'Shea

Mar 6, 2016, 1:54:17 PM3/6/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Nice catch, thanks!  Fixed in the draft email.

John Wise

Mar 6, 2016, 7:27:24 PM3/6/16
to enzo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

This all looks good to me. Thanks for taking charge of this point
release.

John

--
John Wise