Announcing the release of Enzo v2.5

Brian O'Shea

Mar 9, 2016, 11:33:37 AM3/9/16
to enzo-...@googlegroups.com, enzo...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce the release of Version 2.5 of the Enzo code. This is a periodic release that includes all changes committed to the Enzo BitBucket repository since August 2014. This release contains some new features and a number of enhancements and bugfixes.

New features include: support for Version 2.0 of the Grackle chemistry and cooling library; refinement by Must Refine particles and metal mass; a cosmic ray fluid including pressure, diffusion, and injection for the ZEUS solver; kinetic stellar feedback; power-of-two memory allocation to decrease fragmentation; and many new problem types.

There have been a number of enhancements to the hydro, MHD, radiation transport, and star particle routines, and a variety of performance enhancements to the same set of packages.

There have also been a number of significant bugfixes, including several that may increase the stability and efficiency of production multi-physics simulations.

We urge all users to update to the latest version if they are using Enzo 2.4 or earlier. While one can obtain the release by downloading a tar file, we strongly encourage all users to use Enzo from a clone of the Mercurial repository, which will facilitate reproducible work with the code.

For more information about Enzo, see http://enzo-project.org.

For the release notes and changelog, see http://enzo-project.org/ReleaseNotes.html and the CHANGELOG file in the root directory of the enzo-dev repository.

On behalf of the Enzo collaboration,

Brian O'Shea