ASEH special interest group

David Schorr

Dec 10, 2013, 9:02:16 AM12/10/13
to environment-l...@googlegroups.com

Dear group members,

The American Society for Environmental History is creating a series of special interest group pages on its website, and they've asked if the Environment, Law, and History group would be interested in a page devoted to our activities. Other than links to this group and to the blog, what else do you think should go on this page? I thought we could use this modified text from the blog page, but please suggest modifications or additions:

The connections between the environment, law, and history are deep and pervasive. Many of us, from many disciplines – law, history, geography, and environmental studies, to name a few – have been working at the intersections of these fields for some time, but have had no common forum for exchanging views and information. This special interest group aims to enable such exchanges, allowing us to share ideas and learn about scholarship and opportunities for collaboration with colleagues around the world.

Should we mention these following ideas that were discussed at the 2013 ASEH meeting in Toronto?:

- creating a model syllabus for a course on law, history, and the environment

- talking about policy-relevant aspects of our work and how to make them known

- organizing a graduate conference to delve into the issues raised by the intersections of law and the environment in history

- organizing a special issue in a journal

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks,

David

David Schorr

Tel Aviv University

Faculty of Law

TAU page: www.law.tau.ac.il/eng/davidschorr

Blog: Environment, Law, and History

Book: The Colorado Doctrine: Water Rights, Corporations, and Distributive Justice on the American Frontier

Alice Bullard

Mar 20, 2014, 12:12:02 PM3/20/14
to environment-l...@googlegroups.com
David,
I am new to this group, and have just read your post on the "interest group".  This is a good opportunity to create a public profile.

Alice

dsc...@tau.ac.il

Apr 1, 2014, 9:30:58 AM4/1/14
to environment-l...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

ASEH has created the page on Environment, Law, and History: http://aseh.net/resources/environment-law-and-history/environment-law-and-history. If you have ideas on what else to put on the page, please let me know.

David