Cannot ssh into emulab machines

Zvonimir Rakamaric

Aug 31, 2021, 7:00:50 PM8/31/21
to emulab-users
Hi,

I've been trying to ssh into an emulab machine, and this fails with:
Permission denied (publickey)

I haven't changed anything to the best of my knowledge, I used to be able to ssh maybe a month ago the latest, and I can't recall experiencing this problem before.

The machine I am trying to ssh into is pc282.emulab.net. My machine is betina.cs.utah.edu.

I would appreciate if you could help me out here.

Thanks a lot!

Best,
-- Zvonimir

Mike Hibler

Aug 31, 2021, 11:17:55 PM8/31/21
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
For some reason your home directory was unmounted on the NFS file server
which left it empty on pc282; i.e., no .ssh directory. I remounted it
on the server and pc282, so you should be back again.
> --
> emulab-users/01c67759-6bb9-4e86-9303-b9ed695333a5n%40googlegroups.com.

Zvonimir Rakamaric

Sep 1, 2021, 11:17:59 AM9/1/21
to emulab...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! That was it. All is good again.