Protobufs + Emscripten

Tomas Reimers

Sep 15, 2016, 11:40:59 PM9/15/16
to emscripten-discuss
Hi,

Has anyone been able to port Protobufs to Emscripten? Or considered adding an emscripten-port?

Thanks so much,
Tomas

Jean-Marc Le Roux

Sep 16, 2016, 8:33:17 AM9/16/16
to emscripten-discuss

On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 5:40:59 AM UTC+2, Tomas Reimers wrote:
Has anyone been able to port Protobufs to Emscripten? Or considered adding an emscripten-port?

The server is in NodeJS.

Works great!

Tomas Reimers

Sep 16, 2016, 11:46:10 AM9/16/16
to emscripte...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, so what I'm trying to do is compile a C++ project that already heavily depends on protobufs.

So I would love to compile protobufs into source and not have to rewrite the code if possible...

Josh A

Sep 16, 2016, 12:36:24 PM9/16/16
to emscripte...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We had success using this
https://github.com/invokr/protobuf-emscripten

If I remember correctly that basically worked out of the box.

Hope this is helps.

-Josh
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "emscripten-discuss" group.

Tomas Reimers

Sep 20, 2016, 5:13:04 PM9/20/16
to emscripte...@googlegroups.com
Hey Josh,

Sorry to keep asking, but how did you link it in? For example if a project links against protobufs (-lprotobuf), what did you to get it to compile into the larger project?

Thanks so much,
Tomas

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Jean-Marc Le Roux <jeanmar...@aerys.in> wrote:

On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 5:40:59 AM UTC+2, Tomas Reimers wrote:
Has anyone been able to port Protobufs to Emscripten? Or considered adding an emscripten-port?

The server is in NodeJS.

Works great!

Tomas Reimers

Sep 21, 2016, 10:12:55 AM9/21/16
to emscripte...@googlegroups.com

Got it! Thank you!

Happy to help anyone else with the same issue.

Josh A

Sep 21, 2016, 5:22:39 PM9/21/16
to emscripte...@googlegroups.com
Great, glad you figured it out.  Sorry, been a bit busy this week and didn't have a chance to reply yet.

Cheers,
Josh
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to emscripten-disc...@googlegroups.com.

Tomas Reimers