Patched version of Emacs+ for recent IntelliJ versions

122 vues

Colin Fleming

non lue,
26 sept. 2017, 18:32:1626/09/2017
à emac...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

There's been a fair amount of interest on this list in an updated version of Emacs+ for recent IntelliJ versions. I've released a patched version which works here. You can download this in the normal way by going to Settings->Plugins->Browse Repositories and searching for "Emacs+ Patched". It's compatible with IntelliJ 2016 onward.

Since the source for the original plugin was never released, I decompiled a couple of the classes which had issues and fixed them. I'd hoped that that wouldn't be necessary and that I'd be able to just subclass them and override methods selectively, but the code uses a lot of private static methods which made that impossible. Most of the classes in the release are still the repackaged binary versions from the previous release. It's not clear whether this complies with the original licence (which I've maintained), but it's a very liberal licence so I hope this is within the spirit of it. The patched source code is available here, and issues can be filed there too.

I don't actually use this plugin myself, but a lot of my users do so I wanted to fix it up. If you find bugs or problems, please report them in the tracker. If there's a lot of interest in adding new features, at some point I'll just decompile all the code and tidy it up, and improvements can be made from there.

Mark, if you're reading this, it would be good to know if you're ok with it or not. If you are, it would be great to get access to the plugin repo account for the original plugin so I can maintain the name, or if you'd prefer I didn't use the name I can change it to something totally different.

Cheers,
Colin

Michael Richards

non lue,
26 sept. 2017, 19:52:2226/09/2017
à Emacs+ plugin discussion
Awesome, Colin.  Thanks so much.

Kevin Esler

non lue,
27 sept. 2017, 17:57:3527/09/2017
à Emacs+ plugin discussion
Thanks Colin. Seems to work here too. I really appreciate your effort to resurrect this.

Colin Fleming

non lue,
27 sept. 2017, 23:53:1327/09/2017
à emac...@googlegroups.com
I realised that in fact the version I released wasn't compatible with 2016.x - for some reason the APIs used by this plugin have seen a lot of churn recently (I develop a much larger plugin, and seldom have to deal with so many changes). I realised pretty quickly that using the previous binary classes wasn't a great approach since compile errors are the main means of finding API breakage. So I've just decompiled everything, tidied it up and released versions supporting everything back to 2016.1. Because of the frequent changes, any further updates will only support 2017.x. If the APIs do continue to change a lot I'll consider maintaining branches per platform version, but for now I'd prefer not to do that.

Again, any problems, please let me know in the issues.

Cheers,
Colin
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur