other emacs groups/mailing lists?

LanX

Aug 17, 2009, 11:45:11 AM8/17/09
to emacs-perl-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This group is intended to address the intersection of Perl and Emacs.

I.e. the crossover of Perlmonks and ... well which emacs group???

Which group do you recommend to ask general questions regarding emacs and code-development?

A little selection from emacs-wiki

Nabble: http://www.nabble.com/Emacs-f1569.html

BTW: are you guys interested if I forward from time to time new Emacs discussions from Perlmonks?

Like this one about "Textmate vs Emacs"?

Joe Brenner

Aug 17, 2009, 4:49:10 PM8/17/09
to LanX, emacs-perl-...@googlegroups.com

LanX <lanx...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> This group is intended to address the intersection of Perl and Emacs.
>
> I.e. the crossover of Perlmonks and ... well which emacs group???

It isn't as simple as just two groups.

Perl-wise, myself I'm involved with the San Francisco Perl Mongers
(sf.pm.org), and sometimes perlmonks and also sometimes the usenet
newsgroups (are accessible through google groups) comp.lang.perl.misc
and comp.lang.perl.modules. (I've never paid as much attention to
comp.lang.perl.moderated, I've never been able to get through the
auto-moderation system they use there). There's also use.perl.org,
perl.com, and recently I've subscribed to the perl5-porters list.

> Which group do you recommend to ask general questions regarding emacs and
> code-development?

For myself, it would be the unix newsgroup comp.emacs, and alt.religion
emacs, though I'm also on the emacs-devel mailing list. It's also
possible to ask questions on emacswiki.org (though the "wiki" model
makes that mildly awkward, in my opinon).

> A little selection from emacs-wiki
>
> Nabble: http://www.nabble.com/Emacs-f1569.html

And note:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsNewsgroups

> BTW: are you guys interested if I forward from time to time new Emacs
> discussions from Perlmonks?

Fine by me, I suppose.

Joost

Sep 21, 2009, 6:55:51 AM9/21/09
to emacs-perl-intersection
IMHO the best place to ask general emacs questions is the
gnu.emacs.help newsgroup.