put modeline above helm header

Fabian Braennstroem

Aug 21, 2015, 10:38:39 AM8/21/15
to emacs-helm
Hello,

is it possible to show the modeline just above the helm-buffer or inside the buffer above the helm-header?
At the moment, when showing several buffer at once, the helm-buffer might open just in the top right part of the window.
This makes it very difficult for me to follow my typing in the modeline.
Maybe there is a good option to use!?

Thanks in advance!
Best Regards
Fabian

Fabian Braennstroem

Aug 21, 2015, 10:42:10 AM8/21/15
to emacs-helm
Obviously I meant the minibuffer and not the modeline; sorry.

Thierry Volpiatto

Aug 21, 2015, 12:21:15 PM8/21/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Try this:

(setq helm-echo-input-in-header-line t)
(helm-autoresize-mode -1)
(add-hook 'helm-minibuffer-set-up-hook 'helm-hide-minibuffer-maybe)

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:

Fabian Braennstroem

Aug 22, 2015, 1:17:48 AM8/22/15
to emacs-helm
Hello Thierry,

thank you for the quick help!
Very nice! Is there an option which reduces the path length. For my small screen being in a long path, I could not see anymore the end where I am typing?

Best Regards
Fabian

Thierry Volpiatto

Aug 22, 2015, 1:52:42 AM8/22/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Fabian Braennstroem <fbraen...@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hello Thierry,
>
> thank you for the quick help!
> Very nice! Is there an option which reduces the path length. For my
> small screen being in a long path, I could not see anymore the end
> where I am typing?

Not sure to understand what you mean, normally when typing you should
see only the end of what you type.

e.g for a long pattern longer than screen (cursor is "!"):

pattern: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

you should see when cursor is at end:

->aaaa!

Fabian Braennstroem

Aug 22, 2015, 3:24:38 PM8/22/15
to emacs-helm
Yes, this works for me only when I open the helm-buffer for one single large window. With multiple small windows this behavior does not work anymore.
Do you have an idea?

Best Regards
Fabian

Thierry Volpiatto

Aug 22, 2015, 4:05:43 PM8/22/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Fabian Braennstroem <fbraen...@googlemail.com> writes:

> Yes, this works for me only when I open the helm-buffer for one single
> large window. With multiple small windows this behavior does not work
> anymore. Do you have an idea?

This is a bug, can you submit it to github, I will try to fix it next
week.

Thanks.

Thierry Volpiatto

Aug 22, 2015, 4:32:53 PM8/22/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Fabian Braennstroem <fbraen...@googlemail.com> writes:

> Do you have an idea?

Ok I found what's wrong, will commit tomorrow.

Thanks.

Fabian Braennstroem

Aug 25, 2015, 12:25:32 AM8/25/15
to emacs-helm