How to select not first alternative in helm-M-x

Rodrigo Valin

May 21, 2017, 5:13:29 AM5/21/17
to emacs-helm
Hello, this is a very simple question, I think, but I haven't been able to figure it out or find documentation about it.

When I use M-x I get the helm window and I type "comp..." to compile my sources, for some reason, the `recompile` function is selected instead of `compile` and I don't know how to scroll to the second option, which is compile.

Thierry Volpiatto

May 21, 2017, 1:01:55 PM5/21/17
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Rodrigo Valin <lic...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello, this is a very simple question, I think, but I haven't been able to figure it out or find documentation about it.
>
> When I use M-x I get the helm window and I type "comp..." to compile
> my sources, for some reason, the `recompile` function is selected
> instead of `compile`

Because you have used recompile before and it is poping up in the first
source which is the history source.

> and I don't know how to scroll to the second option, which is compile.

Because I guess you are using `helm-move-to-line-cycle-in-source` and
`C-n` or `down` are cycling in the history source, you have to change source
with `C-o` or `right/left` (You can now even use the mouse!).
Please use `C-h m` to read helm help and see basic commands.

--
Thierry
Gpg Key fingerprint = 6CEC 7081 AB33 E251 4AB8 5FC2 28D1 7F53 59F2 9997