Question about matching

Titus von der Malsburg

Apr 9, 2014, 12:23:35 PM4/9/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

I'm working on a helm source for searching entries in a BibTeX
bibliography. The source uses a candidate transformer that formats the
matching entries in a table layout with columns for date, title,
authors, etc. The titles of some publications are too long to be
displayed in this format and I simply clip them. Now, my problem is
that my source doesn't match entries that have the search term in the
clipped part of the title. So it seems that the matching is done on the
transformed candidates not on the original candidates. Is there a way
to change this behavior? What's the best way to deal with this
situation?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Titus

Thierry Volpiatto

Apr 9, 2014, 12:38:23 PM4/9/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Use filtered-candidate-transformer ?

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:

Titus von der Malsburg

Apr 9, 2014, 1:32:33 PM4/9/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

On 2014-04-09 Wed 17:38, Thierry Volpiatto <thierry....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Use filtered-candidate-transformer ?

That was easy. And finally I understand the difference between the
two types of transformers.

Thanks!

Titus