How to let helm-find-files show all the files?

399 de afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

Shiyao Ma

necitită,
29 feb. 2016, 10:20:2529.02.2016
– emacs-helm
Hi,

I'd like to helm to show all the files (recursively) under a directory.

How to achieve that?

Regards.

Thierry Volpiatto

necitită,
29 feb. 2016, 14:49:2329.02.2016
– emacs...@googlegroups.com
C-h m

--
Thierry

Shiyao Ma

necitită,
29 feb. 2016, 22:16:0729.02.2016
– emacs...@googlegroups.com

On 1 March 2016 at 03:49, Thierry Volpiatto <thierry....@gmail.com> wrote:

C-h m

Well, I forgot to say I've already read C-h m, the relevant part is:
*** Recursive search from helm find files

**** You can use helm browse project (see binding below)

- With no prefix arg
  If your current directory is under version control
  with one of git or hg and you have installed helm-ls-git and/or helm-ls-hg
  https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm-ls-git.git
  https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm-ls-hg
  you will see all your files under version control, otherwise
  you will be back to helm-find-files.
- With one prefix arg
  You will see all the files under this directory
  and other subdirectories (recursion) and this list of files will be cached.
- With two prefix args
  same but the cache will be refreshed.

I mostly work on non-vcs directory, so the first option is eliminated.

How should I use the prefix arg, if I do a "C-u M-x helm-find-files", it's still doesn't do a recursive search.

Regards.

--

吾輩は猫である。ホームーページはhttps://introo.me

Thierry Volpiatto

necitită,
1 mar. 2016, 01:00:3201.03.2016
– emacs...@googlegroups.com

Shiyao Ma <i...@introo.me> writes:

> **** You can use helm browse project (see binding below)
>
> - With no prefix arg
> If your current directory is under version control
> with one of git or hg and you have installed helm-ls-git and/or helm-ls-hg
> https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm-ls-git.git
> https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm-ls-hg
> you will see all your files under version control, otherwise
> you will be back to helm-find-files.
> - With one prefix arg
> You will see all the files under this directory
> and other subdirectories (recursion) and this list of files will be cached.
> - With two prefix args
> same but the cache will be refreshed.
>
> I mostly work on non-vcs directory, so the first option is eliminated.

It is not, read better documentation what you pasted above and please
read it completely.

You have 3 options to browse your directory not under version control
once you started with M-x helm-find-files:

1) C-u C-x C-d

2) C-u C-x C-f

3) C-c /

> How should I use the prefix arg, if I do a "C-u M-x helm-find-files", it's still doesn't do a recursive search.

It doesn't.
You misunderstood documentation.

--
Thierry
Mesajul a fost șters

Thierry Volpiatto

necitită,
20 mai 2016, 00:08:3020.05.2016
– emacs...@googlegroups.com

Nir Friedman <quic...@gmail.com> writes:

> Can you specify which functions each of these launches? I am using
> helm via spacemacs,

I am not helping for Spacemacs, only helm, I know nothing about
Spacemacs, ask people there.
If you launch your emacs with ./emacs-helm.sh, you will have all you
asked working as I described.

--
Thierry
Răspundeți tuturor