helm-mode and minibuffer-complete-word

pp611

Mar 19, 2014, 10:17:10 PM3/19/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

I recently began to use helm-mode in Emacs. While I like the listing of possible file names matching whatever I typed in find-file or write-file, I really like to be able to use SPC key for the minibuffer-complete-wordfunction. Many times files will be saved as File1 / File2 / etc. The minibuffer-complete-word function will then auto-complete all the way to File and give me the choice to type the number, which is really handy but can not be done with helm-mode.

I tried to add the following to my init.el file:

(add-hook 'helm-mode-hook
  (lambda ()
    ;; (local-set-key (kdb "SPC") 'minibuffer-complete-word)
    (local-set-key "SPC" 'minibuffer-complete-word)))

It does not work, either with SPC or (kdb "SPC"). Would some guru show me the way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Thierry Volpiatto

Mar 20, 2014, 4:05:04 AM3/20/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

pp611 <yzh...@gmail.com> writes:

> I recently began to use helm-mode in Emacs. While I like the listing of
> possible file names matching whatever I typed in find-file or write-file, I
> really like to be able to use SPC key for the minibuffer-complete-word
> function.

Really unuseful with helm.

--
Thierry