Standard way to programmatically send events to a helm session?

rsw...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 12:19:38 PM9/21/17
to emacs-helm
Can anyone show the canonical way to programmatically send key strokes to a helm session?

For example, take a very simple example of invoking helm-mini and then running the default action for the selected candidate.
From the keyboard we have:
   M-x helm-mini RET
   RET

What would the equivalent Emacs Lisp be to make that second RET run helm-maybe-exit-minibuffer properly?

Having a simple way to do this would help a lot in creating new helm functions.

Bob

Tianxiang Xiong

Dec 7, 2017, 4:37:15 PM12/7/17
to emacs-helm
Not sure what you mean by "run `helm-maybe-exit-minibuffer` properly". What, in your view, is "properly"?

rsw...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2017, 7:01:42 PM12/8/17
to emacs-helm
​Make it behave like it was called interactively. Maybe just:
(call-interactively 'helm-mini)
followed by calls to push two RET characters onto the unread-command-event queue?

I don't remember what I tried at this point as this is from awhile back.