helm-find-files behaves differently depending on location of the point

Joseph Mingrone

Jan 29, 2015, 3:49:38 PM1/29/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Here is an example.  I'm working on an HTML template in /home/jrm/scm/blog/posts.  Typically, when I call helm-find-files I'm initially offered files in the current directory (as well as the current directory and one directory above) by default.  However, when the point is within the tag, say, </li>, I'm present with two options /lib and /libexec.  Can I turn this off?

Thanks,

Joseph

Johann Dahm

Jan 29, 2015, 7:15:27 PM1/29/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
I have a similar question: I like this occasionally when I'm editing code and there's a clear reference to another file, but other times it gets in the way. Is there a command I can bind to a key to go back to where it would look first without the context-specific search (which is presumably the directory of the file the active buffer is based on)? I've searched with customize-group and looked for similar sounding commands with M-x but have had no luck so far.

Thanks, and great work with helm! Switched a few weeks ago and have really enjoyed using it.

Thierry Volpiatto

Jan 29, 2015, 11:49:07 PM1/29/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Actually no, we are using ffap to try to guess the default input when
starting helm-find-files, when I first use this it was not too much
invasive, but now I agree it became annoying, I will try to do something
to fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:

Michael Heerdegen

Jan 30, 2015, 3:59:41 AM1/30/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Thierry Volpiatto
<thierry....@gmail.com> writes:

> Actually no, we are using ffap to try to guess the default input when
> starting helm-find-files, when I first use this it was not too much
> invasive, but now I agree it became annoying, I will try to do something
> to fix this as soon as possible.

At least one can easily type /./ in the minibuffer to get to the default
directory.