Prefix arg ignored in helm-M-x?

fi nurr

Feb 22, 2014, 10:20:30 AM2/22/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm observing some strange behabviour lately with helm.

When running helm-M-x a given prefix arg is not passed to the subsequent interactive function.
After looking at the recent commit messages there has been some work on helm-M-x.

What would one need to do to pass a prefix arg via helm-M-x to a subsequent interactive function?

I'm using the latest helm from github plus Emacs 24.3 (OSX, homebrew).

/fi

York Zhao

Feb 22, 2014, 12:43:52 PM2/22/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Yes, behavior has changed a bit. You have to type "C-u" after (not before)
typing "M-x" now.

Hope this helps

York

fi nurr

Feb 22, 2014, 1:01:23 PM2/22/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Oh, wow...

Maybe that would be sth for the docstring of helm-M-x.

Thierry Volpiatto

Feb 22, 2014, 1:15:58 PM2/22/14
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

York Zhao <gtdpl...@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, behavior has changed a bit. You have to type "C-u" after (not before)
> typing "M-x" now.
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks.

Indeed behavior have changed, passing prefix arguments before M-x is
non--sense because you don't know yet what effect they have on the
command you want to run (if you know the command you want to run).
In addition a counter show you the number of prefix args you type.

The wiki have been updated.

--
Sent with my mu4e