helm mini buffer messed up

chm...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2015, 1:45:06 AM8/13/15
to emacs-helm
When I updated to the latest release 1.7.6, i run into one issue on helm mini buffer.

Looks like if the file name is long, previously it is using ... for those hidden characters. e.g. normally the file name test_applications_name.c looks like

test_applications...     66.7K

But now it is:

test_applications.⦠    66.7K

And the content of mini buffer is kind of messed up and I have to use ctrl-l to clear screen.

This is not happening on 1.7.5. Could you pls. help checking what's going on?

Thanks,

Ming

Thierry Volpiatto

Aug 13, 2015, 2:06:54 AM8/13/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Haha! I was sure we will hit this bug soon or later.

I guess with your locale, you are not able to display properly unicode
character enabled by default in `helm-buffers-end-truncated-string' ?

I will change the default to behave as before, in the meaning time you
can use:

(setq helm-buffers-end-truncated-string "...")

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:

Thierry Volpiatto

Aug 13, 2015, 2:10:46 AM8/13/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Thierry Volpiatto <thierry....@gmail.com> writes:

> I will change the default to behave as before, in the meaning time you
> can use:
>
> (setq helm-buffers-end-truncated-string "...")

Or you can try:

(setq helm-buffers-end-truncated-string "…")

Tell me if the later is working.

Thanks.

Michael Heerdegen

Aug 13, 2015, 9:21:51 AM8/13/15
<thierry....@gmail.com> writes:

> I will change the default to behave as before

How about checking with `char-displayable-p'? Should be worth a try.

Regards,

Michael.

Chming

Aug 13, 2015, 12:51:22 PM8/13/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com, Thierry Volpiatto
Thanks a lot for such quick response.

I tried (setq helm-buffers-end-truncated-string "…") and looks like it is fixed.

Regards,

Ming