Value as variable is void: it

Florian Lindner

Aug 14, 2015, 3:45:58 AM8/14/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

from a fresh elpa install of helm I get this error:

Error (use-package): helm :config: Symbol's value as variable is void: it
Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
`/home/florian/.emacs':

Symbol's value as variable is void: it

My helm config looks like that:

(use-package helm
:ensure t
:config (progn
(helm-mode t)
(setq helm-M-x-fuzzy-match t
helm-M-x-always-save-history t
helm-buffers-fuzzy-matching t
helm-buffer-max-length 30
helm-recentf-fuzzy-match t
helm-ff-skip-boring-files)
)
:bind (
("M-x" . helm-M-x)
("M-y" . helm-show-kill-ring)
("C-x b" . helm-mini)
("C-x C-f" . helm-find-files)
("C-h a" . helm-apropos) )
)

Emacs ist 24.5.1.

Thanks,
Florian

Thierry Volpiatto

Aug 14, 2015, 3:55:34 AM8/14/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Florian Lindner <mailin...@xgm.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> from a fresh elpa install of helm I get this error:
>

> Error (use-package): helm :config: Symbol's value as variable is void: it

Should be fixed on next melpa update.

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:

Florian Lindner

Aug 14, 2015, 4:29:48 AM8/14/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Thierry Volpiatto wrote:

> Florian Lindner <mailin...@xgm.de> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> from a fresh elpa install of helm I get this error:
>>

>> Error (use-package): helm :config: Symbol's value as variable is void: it
>
> Should be fixed on next melpa update.

Ah, great! Tried to switch all my packages to melpa-stable in the meantime,
but that raised another helm-projectile related error. Don't bother if it.

I will use my backups of .emacs.d. Do you have an estimate when the fixed
helm will get to melpa?

Thierry Volpiatto

Aug 14, 2015, 5:26:14 AM8/14/15
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Florian Lindner <mailin...@xgm.de> writes:

> Ah, great! Tried to switch all my packages to melpa-stable in the meantime,
> but that raised another helm-projectile related error.

Don't know about this, I don't maintain helm-projectile.

> I will use my backups of .emacs.d. Do you have an estimate when the fixed
> helm will get to melpa?

It have been updated some minutes ago.