Make `.` and `..` always be at top

Amos Bird

Jun 1, 2017, 10:21:42 PM6/1/17
to emacs-helm
Hi, how can I make these two candidates always be at top of the helm list? https://la.wentropy.com/sIJt.png

/home/amos/.config/fish/.
/home/amos/.config/fish/..

Thierry Volpiatto

Jun 2, 2017, 12:05:24 AM6/2/17
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Seems you are using fish ?
If it is the case ensure you don't use it as your default shell for
emacs (`shell-file-name`).
Otherwise let me know which command you are using.

--
Thierry
Gpg Key fingerprint = 6CEC 7081 AB33 E251 4AB8 5FC2 28D1 7F53 59F2 9997

Amos Bird

Jun 2, 2017, 2:08:11 AM6/2/17
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Well, I tried it again with bash. The behavior is the same.

I'm using this command,

(defun spacemacs/helm-files-do-rg (&optional dir)
"Search in files with `rg'."
(interactive)
;; --line-number forces line numbers (disabled by default on windows)
;; no --vimgrep because it adds column numbers that wgrep can't handle
;; see https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/pull/8065
(let ((helm-ag-base-command "rg --smart-case --no-heading --color never --line-number --max-columns 150"))
(helm-do-ag dir)))

which calls helm-ag.el.

Thierry Volpiatto

Jun 2, 2017, 3:42:52 AM6/2/17
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

Amos Bird <amos...@gmail.com> writes:

> Well, I tried it again with bash. The behavior is the same.

Please always try from ./emacs-helm.sh, spacemacs is too much hacked to
do something useful, also helm-ag.el is not part of helm.

Here from ./emacs-helm.sh with shell-file-name == "/bin/bash":

(read-file-name "Test: " "~/.emacs.d")

The dotted files are on top as expected.

Amos Bird

Jun 2, 2017, 3:58:48 AM6/2/17
to emacs...@googlegroups.com

hmm, executing ./emacs-helm.sh gives this :

Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, async

Thierry Volpiatto

Jun 2, 2017, 4:15:38 AM6/2/17

Read https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/wiki#install