can I create a directory when saving an attachment from gnus?

Alan Schmitt

Mar 3, 2016, 8:15:36 AM3/3/16
to emacs...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When I save an attachment from gnus, using the command
`gnus-mime-save-part', I sometimes realize as I've navigated to the
target folder than I need to create a sub-folder. Is it possible to do
it from within helm? Or to pause the helm session, create the folder,
and resume the helm session? Right now my workflow is to abort the helm
session, re-create the folder (having to navigate to the parent
directory), and save the file (navigating once more to the directory).

Alternatively, is there documentation on how to use helm to select a
path and return it as a string? I could then write my own function that
does what I want in this particular case.

Thanks,

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂ (2016-01, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.52

Alan Schmitt

Mar 9, 2016, 2:28:52 AM3/9/16
to Michael Heerdegen, Alan Schmitt, public-emacs-helm-/J...@plane.gmane.org
On 2016-03-09 00:06, Michael Heerdegen <michael_...@web.de> writes:

>> Alternatively, is there documentation on how to use helm to select a
>> path and return it as a string? I could then write my own function
>> that does what I want in this particular case.
>
> `read-file-name' does exactly that with helm-mode turned on. In every
> case, `helm-read-file-name' does it. Is that what you ask for?

Yes, thanks a lot!

Alan

--
OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7
Monthly Athmospheric CO₂ (2016-02, Mauna Loa Obs.): 404.02